SAIC has an opening for a ServiceNow Engineer located in Springfield, VA. Make an impact on both business and technology operations while delivering ServiceNow features as our global federal customer expands platform usage. This candidate must have experience with ServiceNow, ITOM (IT Operations Management), web-based applications and technologies, possess strong communication skills, and have the desire to learn the general operations of a global organization.
This role is temporarily remote due to Covid-19. Associates will report back to the office at the customer's request.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Under broad direction provide development and administration of ServiceNow infrastructure
- Assist with the implementation of Service Mapping and Event Management.
- Diagnose and isolate incidents through testing and work to develop workarounds and/or fixes for system related issues
- Understand business context and how to translate business and functional requirements into a sustainable ServiceNow implementation
- Analyze system processes and develop enhancements to improve user experience and general system usability
- Develop scripts on the ServiceNow platform to automate tasks and integrations
- Collaborate with business and technology stakeholders, clearly understand their needs and communicate the team’s roadmap
- Advanced problem solving and deal with a variety of options in complex situations
- Draw upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact
- Develop design documentation for an enterprise deployment
- Deploy test infrastructure in the customer’s test environment
- Perform day to day support, administration and maintenance of the ServiceNow platform until transitioned
- Monitor health, usage, and overall compliance of ServiceNow
- Develop systems integrations and process automation
- Perform installation and testing of ServiceNow updates and new releases
- Develop clear and concise technical and process documentation
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7). May accept additional experience in lieu of degree
- Validated completion of ServiceNow and/or BMC Remedy courses:
- ServiceNow Fundamentals
- Discovery Fundamentals
- Service Mapping Fundamentals
- Event Management
- Experience working with Agile Project Teams
- Must be able to obtain an interim secret clearance or active secret clearance to start work.
- Must be able to obtain a secret clearance.
Desired Experience, Skills, Attributes
- ITIL Foundations
- Certification in ITOM Administrator Cert
- Certification in ITOM Implementer: Discovery/Service Mapping/Event Management
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.