SAIC is looking for a REMOTE Senior Database Engineer with agile mindset to join our team in support of our customer at the Army Human Resources Command in Fort Knox, KY, while working from home. This is a Remote / Work from Home position. The Senior Database Engineer will be part of a team that is supporting data modernization, data consolidation, data streaming/logging, mapping, and integration with large-scale enterprise systems. Responsible for the design, development, and fielding of enterprise application solutions for the US Army Human Resources Command supporting The Adjutant General (TAGD) Field Services Division (FSD) Systems Support Branch (SSB). This position is 100% remote.
- Lead design, development, implementation and troubleshooting of enterprise data solutions using SQL Server 2017 or 2019 (Integration, Reporting, Analysis and Developer Tools).
- Produce end-to-end data maps that integrate different source systems; write queries, respond to customer requests for information, establish data extracts and interfaces with internal and external data partners, develop jobs to automate transfer of data.
- Re-engineer and modernize Extract Transform Load (ETL) functions with IBM DataStage or other methods.
- Perform data modeling tasks and installations of ERWIN Data Modeler and ERWIN Web Portal.
- Interact with Military and Civilian database administrators, data analysts, system integrators, cybersecurity, network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development teams.
Required Education and Experience:
- Proven ability to work on collaborative, self-organizing teams that embrace agile development principles and practices.
- Provide estimation support for enterprise demands, increment planning, delivery oversight of enterprise initiatives that involve development, testing, or implementation.
- 5+ years of data engineering experience at an enterprise level.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or a Master’s degree in a related field and 3 years' experience. 4 additional years' related experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Experience with RDBMS such as Oracle, SQL Server, or data streaming solutions i.e. Apache Kafka, AVRO schemas.
- Experience using version control tools such as Subversion, Team Foundation Server, or Azure Dev Ops.
- Professional Scrum Master, Product Owner, SAFe Agilist certifications a plus.
- Experience with Visual Studio, .NET Framework, XML, JSON scripting.
- Creative problem solving abilities and strong work ethic with “can do” attitude.
- Ability to take high-level requirements and compile them into development tasks.
- Ability to estimate tasks based off of technical debt, level of effort, and complexity.
- Ability to thrive in a team/collaborative environment.
- Ability to provide mentoring, coaching and training to less experienced team members.
- Ability to function at a fast pace with multiple deadlines.
- US Citizen – No dual citizenship.
- Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain one. Must have at least an Interim SECRET to begin work on the contract and SAIC will assist with the processing of the Interim SECRET clearance for the qualified candidate.
- Must be CompTIA Security+ certified prior to start date with SAIC.
Preferred Qualifications (not required):
- Experience using JEE/JSP Containers such as WebLogic, JBoss, or Tomcat (or similar).
- Experience with Java Design patterns (MVC, DAO, Singleton, Factory, etc.).
- Experience supporting JVMs in Unix/Linux/Windows environments.
- Knowledge of SOA to include SOAP/WSDL and RESTful services.
- Experience using Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, or NetBeans.
- Experience with shell scripting, parsing, and analyzing log files.
- Promote continuous growth and improvement by bringing an agile coaching mindset to all interactions.
- Design new software applications that leverage data streaming technologies i.e. Apache Kafka or KS
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.