Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated professionals in El Segundo, CA that directly assists the US Space Force (USSF) in in developing and deploying next-generation, advanced capability space systems. The work supports the National Space Defense Labs (NSDL) contract on the Horizon Program that focuses on state-of-the-art emerging technologies that includes Multi-security level data fusion, Cloud Migration, Software Integration, Big Data Science, Big Data Analytics, Digital Engineering, Model-Based Systems Engineering and 3D Visualization using latest gaming engine and virtual and augmented reality. Currently we are seeking innovative, creative, and highly motivated Modeling and Simulation Engineers to assess space and ground system architectures and system performance, and develop models and simulations that effectively capture system and system of systems effects in complex operational environments. These roles provide systems engineering and integration expertise in support of the Space and Missile Systems Center's Special Programs Directorate.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Designing, developing, and verifying simulations and analysis plans, as well as other work products such as gap analyses or Technical Performance Measures (TPM) assessments that enable key program and architectural decisions.
- Generating analytical modeling solutions to assess enterprise performance, identify technology gaps, creating technology roadmaps, developing requirements and specifying the operational benefits of current and future concepts based on customer approved scenarios.
- Supporting requirements development, system verification, and concept of operations (CONOPS) development as well as working with system and mission analysts to ensure additional modeling, simulation, analysis capabilities meet operational mission requirements
- Identifying needs and opportunities for independent assessment and improvement of the enterprise and/or system
- Developing modeling solutions for each phase of the find, fix, target, track, engage, and assess chain using sensor, effects, and communications technologies.
- Developing algorithms, writing simulations, and analyzing key performance parameters associated with space and ground sensor system design.
- Supporting analysis activities by integrating performance models with MBSE models and tools
- Quantifying performance impacts and sensitivity to changes in CONOPS, scenarios, and/or threats
- Developing and briefing data packages that provide analysis results to inform the government decision-makers
- Working closely with the government customer to understand needs and collaborating with prime contractors, other team contractors, government civilians, and members of the Space Force.
POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT VARIOUS LEVELS
Required Education / Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, Science, or Engineering with 2+ years of demonstrated modeling and simulation experience
- Experience with systems engineering techniques and tools
- Experienced at self-starting, seeking solutions, and works well in a team environment
- Experience scripting for analysis purposes
- Demonstrated experience working with Air Force/DoD customers to provide alternatives analysis and evaluate CONOPS, with application to space and/or ground systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organization and interpersonal skills
Must have active Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Advanced Degree
- Experience with MATLAB, C++, Java, or other programming languages
- Experience with STK, AFSIM, Simulink, Model Center, or other comparable modeling and simulation tools
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience using Cameo Enterprise Architect, Sparx Enterprise Architect, or other comparable tools
- Broad experience with the space mission area, including space situational awareness, space control, satellite design, and sensor physics
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.