SAIC is seeking a Network Engineer to support the U.S. Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Innovation and Prototyping Directorate, Innovation and Prototype Operations Division (DCIO) through the Engineering, Development, Integration, and Sustainment (EDIS) contract. SAIC will work with SMC to modernize satellite ground systems for United States Space Force (USSF) operations, research and development and demonstration missions. to develop, deploy, modernize, and expand the EDIS program and its customers. The position is located in Albuquerque, NM.
Key responsibilities are:
Conducts research, design, development, and testing of information processing hardware such as computer chips, circuit boards, computer systems, and electrical components.
Designs new or modifies existing products, develops technical specifications for production, analyze hardware configuration and processing solutions, and test hardware conformance to specifications.
- Must possess an active Top Secret security clearance
- B.S. degree and a minimum of 9 years’ experience in Hardware Engineering for Space or Missile Systems, Advanced Systems Development, or Ground Systems and Space Operations
- Understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field and general knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Strong background in Microsoft Office Product Suites: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio
- Good understanding of discipline process; information and data management
- Contribute to the completion of programs and projects; ability to obtain results and make recommendations
- Ability to provide high level summary of results and draw conclusions based on interpretation of data
Ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance
•Experience with formal software/Mission IT systems testing
•Experience with test tools
•Knowledge of formal software qualification processes and artifacts
•Experience creating formal test documentation
•Experience with Agile development teams
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.