SAIC is seeking an experienced systems administrator in support of a managed services engagement for a major Public Sector account. This position can be worked 100% remote nationwide. The selected candidate will be the primary technical resource for Windows Systems Administration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs day-to-day operational maintenance, administration, support, patching and upgrades for servers running the Windows 2012 and 2016 operating systems.
- This position requires the ability to assist with the architectural, engineering, administration of Windows infrastructure, as well as participate in the change process and incident response processes.
- Continually monitors and tunes multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensures data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
- Develops, implements, promotes and documents standard operating procedures and schedules.
- Incumbent in this job works closely with Middleware, Database, and Network teams to troubleshoot issues, implement changes, and deploy release packages.
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Four additional years' experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Must possess competencies in installation, service design, and support in an environment that uses Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016.
- Experience with Azure or AWS Cloud Environments.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience with production environments.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be available to participate in on-call work on a reoccurring basis.
- Solid troubleshooting skills and demonstrated ability of end-to-end problem management and ownership.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of authentication functions and protocols such as LDAP, Kerberos, and Active Directory.
- Conceptual knowledge of Storage systems (SAN/NAS).
- Any of the following IT certifications are also desirable for this position: MCP, CompTIA A+ / Network+ / Security+, AWS, Azure.
- Must be able to pass the California Department of Justice and FBI background check process.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $105,001 - $115,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.