The Systems Administrator is a crucial part in SAIC’s mission to deliver leading solutions, capabilities, and resources to our customers in National Security, Defense, Federal/Civilian, and other organizations. As a well-established expert in the fields of Classified IT Operations and Systems Administration, you will join a high-performing Operations teams operating, maintaining, and supporting a wide range of technologies, missions, and solutions to SAIC and our customers.
What our team does:
- Secures, maintains, operates and supports numerous accredited systems supporting overhead functions, programs, and solutions.
- Proactively addresses requests, issues, problems, and opportunities to ensure security compliance, functional requirements, and business/operating objectives are achieved.
- Coordinates and works together with teammates in various capacities (analysts, engineers, officers, managers) to maintain continuous awareness and effective response to changes in priorities.
- Effectively provides and supports ITIL and other standard lifecycle/system management processes e.g. Configuration/Change Management, Vendor/Supplier management, Resource/Capacity plans, and others as needed to affect forward-looking planning and management of the systems/operation of the business.
- Collaborates together to share effective solutions to common problems, identify opportunities, recognize each other, and contribute to the success of the team as a whole.
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical and operational excellence: Maintain world-class IT Infrastructure operations of assigned/designated work locations and networks, provides monitoring, diagnosing, and troubleshooting of network firewalls, switches, routers, VoIP Phones and other associated network hardware and software and supplies infrastructure support for other IT-related services, e.g. AV and VTC, as required.
- Provide continuous Assurance: Maintains full awareness of Security, Regulatory, and Corporate policies/compliance requirements, interpreting and managing implementations of technology in support of those controls. Performs and provides proactive assessments and testing/validation of controls against requirements (self-auditing) as needed.
- Collaborate and Inform: Actively participate and lead coordination, execution, and/or support activities with stakeholders, partners, and teammates to ensure awareness and the effectiveness of change control activities, risk reviews, and assessment activities.
- Foster growth & innovation: Identify areas requiring product or process improvement, engage with team members to design, implement, and verify improvement efforts (e.g. upgrades and hardware or software engineering change orders resulting in the desired performance improvement/compliance mitigation) and apply your knowledge and experience to benefit the development of teammates and other peers.
- Able to obtain/maintain a Top Secret/SCI with a CI Poly
Required Education, Experience, & Skills:
- Security+, CySA+, CCNA - Security, or other IAT Tier II certification or the ability to obtain an IAT Tier II certification within ninety (90) days.
- A Bachelors degree in an applicable field and two (2) or more years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience administering and managing networked solutions, including but not limited to Linux and Windows servers, workstations, thin clients, and network devices in Department of Defense and/or Federal Agency environments.
- Experience managing and maintaining identity and authentications solutions including Active Directory, Group Policy management and design, PKI, and multi-factor authentication.
- Experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes and NIST 80053 implementations in secure environments.
- Experience reviewing, understanding, and implementing network and security protocols and methods (including but not limited to 802.1x, DHCP, VLANS, Firewalls, and IPSEC/TLS) and the interactions between the same.
- Demonstrated history securing and managing VMWare hypervisors and converged architecture, backups, and data protection / controls.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required.
Desired Qualifications & Preferences:
- Communication and Presentation Skills: Experienced and comfortable collecting, maintaining, and presenting information including both localized and enterprise-wide posture and readiness information (including but not limited to heatmaps, dashboards, and scorecards) to management, stakeholders, customers, and peers in a form relevant to their roles.
- Collaborative: Comfortable working with, seeking out, and engaging with others in-person, via phone, and through collaborations platforms such as Zoom or Teams (including video conferencing where permitted.)
- Agile Friendly: Familiar and comfortable with Agile methodologies (scrum/Kanban), Agile work management platforms, and ITIL principles.
- Security in Depth: Specialized certifications, including but not limited to DOD Information Technology Security Certification and Accreditation Process (DITSCAP) or DOD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP), and ISSEP.
- Forward-Looking: Experience with Cloud platform services with IL-5+ certified providers (AWS/Azure GovClouds) a plus.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.