SAIC is looking for a Chief Cloud Engineer to support the NASA EAST Program in Huntsville, AL. This role is 100% remote. We are looking for a person who is a technical expert in enterprise cloud and cloud migrations. Your leadership style is more of an influential servant, with a collaborative style that brings others into the decision-making process, and a demonstrated ability to gain the trust and confidence of those around them, from engineers to executives.
- Support the development of compelling features using modern tools and technologies with a focus on building future-proof systems that perform at scale.
- Maintain appropriate controls and documentation to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and/or training as needed to other members of the company’s engineering community
- Provide technical leadership and guidance related to your field(s) of expertise to one or more Agile teams
- Actively foster a culture of engineering excellence across engineering teams and communities of practice
- Help to define the long-term vision for one or more products and domains, and help to lead the technical execution towards that vision
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with operations and engineering teams across the IT organization
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and eigtheen (18) years or more experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more experience; PhD or JD and fifteen years or more experience.
- 15+ years of technology experience in a combination of engineering, architecture, and/or management roles, preferably in an enterprise setting
- 10+ years of enterprise public cloud experience (preferably AWS and/or Azure)
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with and influence key stakeholders across the enterprise, at all levels of the organization
- Willingness to work in a highly-collaborative environment
- Advanced understanding and significant experience with modern software development practices, tools, and/or hardware technologies
- Strong understanding of cloud security best practices
- Experience with DevSecOps tools and processes
- Demonstrated expertise in systems engineering, including requirements analysis and system architecture design
- Demonstrated experience in system migrations to the cloud
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, related degree, or relevant experience.
- Has understanding of monitoring, detection, and compliance tools.
- AWS Certified Professional preferred
- Experience working on a variety of software development projects and toolsets.
- Flexible, adaptable, self starter, and reliable.
- Experience in building up a new team.
- Knowledge in Github actions preferred and Jenkins or CICD pipelines.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.