Seeking an Enterprise Operations Center (EOC) Technician. The candidate will have experience demonstrating comprehensive knowledge of key tasks on a large high visibility IT program. This role will be responsible for using Enterprise Monitoring tools to identify and escalate data center infrastructure incidents through multiple communications mechanisms. This position supports evenings and weekends as needed.
Key duties include:
- Works on high visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently
- Providing 24x7x365 support, resource will provide a central point for identification, troubleshooting and escalation of incidents that arise in all environments.
- Provide support on Incident bridge calls with emphasis on restoring service to users as quickly as possible, troubleshoot toward the resolution of incidents, and manage incidents to completion.
- Compiles incident time lines, supports change activities, and records incidents in to the ITSM platform BMC Remedy.
- Create, update and maintain Standard Operating Procedures, Technical User Guides, Troubleshooting Guides, and Customer Contact Database. Conduct quarterly reviews of all documents.
- Populate Knowledge Management Database with known troubleshooting procedures. Develop “lessons learned” on all escalated incidents.
- May supervise others. • Monitor all applications and systems in production, development, and test environments at all Data Centers.
- Coordinate, escalate, and/or resolve operational system/application/network events that have the potential of negatively impacting system and application availability to the user community.
- Escalate incidents in accordance with established client escalation procedures.
- Identify and respond to potential problems or trends before failure or degradation occurs.
- Provide information on scenarios for monitoring, automation, and adjusted threshold levels to allow appropriate action to be taken before adverse impact occurs.
- Develop and/or enhance processes to detect and prevent future incidents and allowing for quicker diagnosis and resolution if further incidents occur.
- 3-10 years of experience and a B.S. degree. Bachelor of Science (BS) can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience
- 3 years of experience supporting incident, problem, and change management activities for a large government agency
- 2 years of experience working on high visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performing all functional duties independently
- 3 years of experience using the following or similar tools: Fault and Performance monitoring and reporting tools such as IBM Netcool Omnibus, AppDynamics, HP Operations Manager
- 3 years of experience using incident management tools such as BMC Remedy
- 3 years of operational experience within a large-scale, complex Manager of Manager (MoM) type monitoring environment
- 3 years of experience with supporting one or more of the following Data Center technologies: Java App Servers, VMWare, Oracle, Unix/Linux, or IBM technologies like MQ, AIX, DB2/UDB
- Able to clearly communicate verbally
- US Citizenship is required
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.