Job ID: 2115389
Location: FLEXWORK, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 13, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Ops Res Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC has an opening for a Price to Win (PTW) Chief Analyst in the National Security and Space Sector (NSSS), a fast-growing, dynamic $2.7B line organization. The PTW team operates within NSSS Business Development and is fully integrated into the pre-award process. The Chief Analyst conducts PTW and competitive analysis on NSSS’ highest priority bids, working closely with capture managers, the competitive intelligence team, solution architects, and cost strategy. The Chief Analyst skill level is senior, and the individual in this role is expected to possess the ability to work with minimal day-to-day supervision. In this role, the Chief Analyst determines customer buying patterns and competitor bid tendencies through analysis of corporate information repository and business intelligence information, and then develops PTW findings that guide win strategy and pricing. Intellectual curiosity and a willingness to accept a challenge are strong predictors of a successful candidate.
· Plans and leads PTW activities including: competitive environment analysis, customer analysis, Top Down Analysis, Bottom Up analysis, parametric analyses, as needed to create PTW recommendation. Conduct opportunity-focused research (both customer and competitor) to develop key foundational assumptions that inform the PTW. Perform competitive analysis through collection and analysis of public documentation (new articles, company financial filings, GAO protests, etc.) and proposal debriefs. Perform analysis on competitor pricing based on award history.
· Use analytical platforms to support the development of the Bottom Up and Top Down components of PTW. Provide constructive feedback to peer analysts in a group environment regarding PTW assumptions and analyses. Build and maintain bid specific competitive pricing databases. Conduct, facilitate or support Black Hat strategy sessions to collect and develop Customer and Competitor intelligence.
· Participate in RFP analysis including risk identification, avoidance, and mitigation, working closely with SAIC Business Management. Collaborate closely with Capture Teams to ensure PTW deliverables are timely and meaningful. Responsible for presenting the PTW findings, supporting recommendations/influencing results, and facilitating the transition from PTW to SAIC internal bid strategy.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and eigtheen (18) years or more experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more experience; PhD or JD and fifteen years or more experience
· 10+ years of experience in either Price To Win or Solution Architecture for DoD and Intelligence Community competitive contracts, with experience in managed service and “aaS” pricing, pricing and rate databases, financial analysis, and related research. Includes industry experience in developing competitive pricing strategies.
· Solid foundational understanding of government contracting pricing environment (DCAA, FAR, rate burden pool development, BOE development).
· Strong inter-personal, analytical, verbal, and writing skills needed to work effectively with senior line and business development leadership.
· Hands-on experience and understanding of statistical methods for predicting competitor/customer behavior: Regression Analysis, Monte Carlo Simulation, Machine Learning, Linear Programming, etc. Ability to work with build and explain complex models in industry standard tools (Excel, Access, etc.).
· BA/BS or MS in Business Management, Accounting, Mathematics, Data Analytics, Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science, or other related field.
· Experience with the preparation of pricing and basis of estimates for high value (>$100M) DoD / IC proposals, for firm fixed price, fixed unit price, commercially price, T&M, and cost-plus contract types.
· Strong skills with enhanced data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
· Immediately eligible for Top Secret
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.