SAIC is hiring a Senior Mechanical Engineer for the Mk48 Afterbody/Tailcone (AB/TC) and Fuel Tanks program in Middletown, RI. Prospective candidates must demonstrate experience and understanding of the Mk 48 torpedo operation and hardware configuration. The candidate must also have the proper knowledge and experience to provide background on the design, the operation of key assemblies and parts to support root cause analysis, forward and backward corrective action planning and standard engineering change processes.
Specific roles and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide direct support to the program manager and corporate staff on technical issues
- Prepare variance documentation as required to address TDP or manufacturing issues
- Support vendor and sub-contractor variance and or ECP efforts to gain government approval
- Maintain dialog with program management and production team staff to resolve technical issues through a non-confrontational, collaborative, and transparent working environment at all levels
- Support familiarization training to engineering and manufacturing team on hardware functions, interfaces, critical features, failure analysis.
- Support the generation of reports for engineering studies and investigations relating to identified technical issues impacting the program
- Review and approve technical deliverables to the government for accuracy, clarity, and recommended acceptance
- Support the review of drawings and specifications in support of procurement actions to ensure vendors are; properly qualified, responsive, understand the nuances of the product, and have mitigated fabrication risk
- Support efforts to resolve performance issues encountered in manufacturing, factory acceptance testing. Government acceptance testing, or in-service operations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. / M.S. in an Engineering related field with five (5) or more years of experience. Four additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Mk 48 torpedo operation and hardware configuration experience.
- Must be highly motivated and have excellent problem solving skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to complete tasks in an unsupervised and self-directed fashion.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Proficiency in CAD software for the development of 3D models and 2D drawings, preferably SolidWorks.
- Proficiency in stand configuration management and standard engineering change proposal processes
- Must be able to obtain clearance up to the level of SECRET.
- Active SECRET (or above) clearance is preferred.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.