SAIC has an opening for a Senior Cloud Engineer (Site Reliability Engineer) to join our talented, dynamic team. The SRE role incorporates aspects of software engineering and applies that knowledge to infrastructure and operational problems. This role is responsible for the technical leadership for our service line development and support. They are engaged throughout the product / service lifecycle. This position is able to be worked remotely. The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Very organized and ability to lead a team. Consistent and willing to learn and continues to excel in any position held.
- Service Line Technical Leadership, focusing on development of processes and software necessary to maintain services throughout the service lifecycle using data collection and monitoring ensuring overall health of the services provided
- Identifying and understanding constraints and requirements for existing projects ensuring that they meet FTS standards, processes, and policies
- Hands on experience with Infrastructure as Code provisioning and management tools ·Hands on experience with implementing Continuous Integration and Delivery tools
- Drive capacity planning, performance analysis, instrumentation, and other nonfunctional systems requirements.
- Implement metrics driven processes to ensure service quality target are met.
- Promotes continual improvement of service line systems
- Leverages reuse and automation throughout the system lifecycle
- Hands on experience with multiple cloud service models within Amazon Web Services GovCloud and Microsoft Azure Government.
- AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Service Model Experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with evolving programs
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Highly motivated, ability to take initiative, excellent attention to detail
- Customer focused position with the ability to manage multiple tasks within a project while focusing on the customer experience.
- Create data flow diagrams, cloud security diagrams, transition architecture diagrams, and high-level architecture diagrams on Cloud Infrastructure, applications, and systems.
- Develop, maintain, and support execution of an Implementation Plan that defines the implementation approach, processes and activities (prior to, during, and after), test strategy, setup and configuration procedure, inventory of IT assets, risk assessment, key dependencies, and schedule.
- Develop and support execution of the Transition Plan that defines the approach and action plans to prepare VA stakeholders to receive and operate the solution. This includes improving stakeholder engagement, outreach, and communications.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, or a related scientific or technical discipline is required.
- 5 years of work experience (8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education, if no degree).
- Ability to obtain security clearance.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A good understanding of software design lifecycle process.
- Capable to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience providing services to the federal government and/or the Dept. of Veterans’ Affairs is preferred
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.