SAIC is seeking a Senior Business Development Manager supporting the Naval Business Unit (NBU) for the Aviation Account Leader and Aviation Account Directors.
This is a remote role allows work from home options with 30% travel to the SAIC site in Patuxent River, MD.
The BD and Growth Professional is responsible for developing a growth plan concentrating on Program Executive Office (PEO), Program Management Air (PMA), and Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division (NAWCAD) initiatives by identifying, qualifying, and assisting with captures that will support a robust pipeline that aligns with the established growth objectives of the NBU. The BD Professional is responsible for helping manage and guide Naval Aviation-focused pursuits to include the proposed solution, potential contract vehicles and will participate in the development of:
- Teaming with Industry partners
- Price to Win Strategies and Competitive Analyses
- Capture Plans
- Win Strategies
- Value Propositions
The Business Development Senior Manager will:
- Communicate with Account Directors and assigned Capture Managers regarding needed resources and leveraging assigned resources.
- Coalesce with NBU team members, including operational leadership and SMEs, to build and execute call plans to position SAIC for successful pursuits.
- Collaborate with internal teams (e.g., subject and technical matter experts, functional leads, and Program Managers) and with external partners to sustain operational excellence, resolve conflicts, and result in successful bids.
- Execute Corporate BD CONOPS and implement SAIC growth culture.
- Gather, assess, and validate customer requirements by working closely with Program Managers; and identify related needs and constraints that influence winning solution.
- Assess probable competition and evaluate relative strengths and threats by conducting Black Hat reviews and competitive scenarios, etc.
- Translate requirements into a robust win strategy that is carefully tested and validated, and advance strategy to management and technical design with strong value proposition and differentiated bid elements based on compelling features and benefits.
- Identify gaps and develops strategies to overcome weaknesses and mitigate risks.
- Conduct and participate in gate, pricing, teaming, and capture reviews; and lead and document lessons learned.
- Support the development of teaming agreements and strategic alliances.
- Manage assigned pipeline (portfolio of opportunities) as the opportunity owner.
- Drive development and completion of critical bid artifacts required for proposal development; ensure integrity of win strategy through a supporting role in color reviews; and support the assigned Proposal Manager/Account Director by assisting with development of compliant and compelling bids.
- Advance and mature opportunities toward high win probability.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in relevant business, technical, or professional field of study and eighteen (18) years or more of related experience.
- Deep understanding of Naval Aviation Systems Command and Naval Aviation communities to include current programs of record.
- Experience leading major NAVAIR Program(s).
- Active relationships with NAVAIR and Naval Aviation leadership.
- Ability to work and execute a quick reaction process for Task Order identification, customer engagement, and Task Order proposal response.
- Ability to constructively interact at the highest levels of both the customer and corporate levels.
- Proficient and proven ability in capture management based on industry best practices and demonstrated proficiency qualifying opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and business acumen, as well as excellent communication (oral and written) skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
- Ability to travel, as necessary, in support of the capture.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
- Strong understanding of Naval Engineering and Integration Services, operational Naval engineering requirements, and Naval shipboard systems.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.