SAIC anticipates a requirement for a Network Architect to support the Naval Information Warfare Center, Pacific (NIWC PAC) for Cyber Security Analytics in conducting research, testing, hardware and software integration, software development, and deployment. Providing the engineering and technical expertise to facilitate the development and fielding of a Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) enclave.
Work will be performed on-site in San Diego, CA.
This opportunity is contingent upon contract award, expected in Winter/Spring 2022.
- May design, analyze, plan, modify, and maintain networks and network components supporting data, voice and/or audio communication activities.
- Prepares the analysis of short/long term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling.
- May conduct network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies as well as internal studies of network performance and traffic analysis.
- May evaluate new technology.
- Duties may include providing specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture; providing information for hardware and software selection; and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Conducts testing of network systems.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Active TOP SECRET security clearance; ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance
- Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF) IAT Level III certification
- Cisco Certified Architect or similar commercial enterprise network architect certification
- Experience developing Concepts of Operations, Requirements, Basis of Design, and critical design documents and drawings
- Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) architect, design, testing and evaluation, deployment and management experience
- Demonstrated experience developing detailed end-to-end network performance assessments. Experience with NIST SP 800 series information security management aligned to Enterprise telecommunications and networks
- Experience with Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) network products, i.e. routers, switches, Network Time Protocol (NTP) servers, network management, and cryptographic equipment
- Experience with routing protocols such as Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), and Multicast
- Experience with Virtual Private Network (VPN), firewall, Access Control List (ACL) network switches, and Information Assurance (IA)/Cybersecurity (CS)
- Test planning, execution, analysis, and documentation experience
- Evaluate services and products provided by COTS/Government - Off The Shelf (GOTS) and provide recommendations
- Agile software development knowledge/experience
- Network Tapping experience, i.e. SPAN, physical tap, virtual tap, etc.
- In-line encryptor experience, i.e. TACLANE, High Assurance Internet Protocol Encryptor (HAIPE), etc.
- Packet Capture technology and analysis experience
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum BS degree in related field and at least seven (7) years of experience in skills identified above areas
- Formal degree requirement may be evaluated and waived if applicant provides ten (10) years of experience in skills identified above areas
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.