SAIC is seeking an Application Program Developer to support the Naval Information Warfare Center, Pacific (NIWC PAC) for Cyber Security Analytics in conducting research, testing, hardware and software integration, software development, and deployment. Providing the engineering and technical expertise to facilitate the development and fielding of a Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) enclave.
This position will be performed on-site in San Diego, CA.
This opportunity is contingent upon contract award, expected in Winter/Spring 2022.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software.
- Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting.
- End product may be special use, customized, or commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, scripts, and utility programs.
- Ensures software standards are met.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Active Secret security clearance
- Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF) IAT Level II
- Splunk Enterprise Certified Architect and Splunk Certified Developer certifications
- Scripting language experience (Python, PowerShell, Ruby)
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) experience (Splunk, Distributed Splunk)
- Continuous Development/Integration software (Jenkins, GIT CI) experience
- GIT experience
- Experience evaluating services and products provided by COTS/GOTS vendors and provide recommendations
- Understanding of data structures and design of highly available systems
- Design enterprise architecture experience
- Java or Python, Linux, SQL and SPL (Splunk Search) languages
- Security Onion developer & security operator
- Experience with Jira for issue tracking and resolution
- Expereince using CMPro for configuration management and documentation control
- Agile & DevSecOps expereince is beneficial
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum BS degree in related field and at least five (5) years of experience in skills identified above areas
- Formal degree requirement may be evaluated and waived if applicant provides at least seven (7) years of experience in skills identified above areas
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.