SAIC is currently seeking a Director Business Development to support and grow our existing federal business with General Services Administration’s Federal Systems Integration and Management Center (FEDSIM) organization, the leading provider of assisted acquisition services for federal agencies. A significant amount of Federal Government opportunities are competed under FEDSIM and the success of SAIC’s FEDSIM group contributes to the growth of SAIC’s organization, revenue, and mission.
A successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of our FEDSIM organization, including shaping business development efforts, driving and collaborating on new pursuits and facilitating Government communications. This position is based at our headquarters in Reston, VA with some telework.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities include:
- Leads robust executive relationships with government and industry peers related to FEDSIM’s pipeline of opportunities. Continuously interfaces with the Government staff responsible for FEDSIM’s pipeline, becoming a trusted advisor to government personnel.
- Identifies market opportunities to drive new business pursuits to FEDSIM, in coordination with SAIC’s agency-centric business development personnel. Strategizes and markets FEDSIM to internal business units to increase awareness and bidding.
- Educates business development staff on how to best leverage FEDSIM to position and win re-competes and new business opportunities. Serves as SAIC’s FEDSIM subject matter expert.
- Engages deeply with capture and proposal teams to drive bid and proposal support based on a deep understanding of FEDSIM’s acquisition process, buying behavior, preferences, competitive landscape and more.
- Leads and/or participates in Industry Panels/Shared Interest Groups (SIGs)/Industry committees, trade shows, conferences, etc.
- Bachelor's degree and eighteen (18) years or more of related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of Program Management experience with large GWAC/IDIQ contracts such as CIO-SP3, Alliant, OASIS, IAC MAC, etc. Strong preference for direct FEDSIM experience and relationships.
- Experience in marketing services and solutions as well as prior public sector experience, particularly in the Federal Government.
- Experience in capture management support and proposing against GWAC/IDIQs and/or OTAs. Must possess well-established business relationships in the Federal Government.
- Demonstrated experience in solution development, building winning teams, capture strategy, competitive intelligence, strategic marketing & planning, customer relationship analysis, cost and pricing strategies and development
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, customer relationship skills.
- Exemplary work ethic, judgment and independent initiative attuned to meeting deadlines.
- Highly effective organizational abilities, writing skills and keen attention to detail.
- Goal-oriented while highly responsive to rapidly changing priorities.
- Proficient in the appropriate treatment of sensitive and company proprietary information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of tools including SharePoint; aptitude for quickly learning related tool sets.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.