SAIC is looking for a technology futures senior analyst. This person will be a key member of the Corporate Strategy team responsible for analyzing the evolution of technologies affecting and / or delivered by SAIC (currently or in the future), either independently or through partnership / co-investment models. The successful candidate will work with leaders across the strategy, corporate development, industry analyst relations, Innovation Factory capability teams, and market-facing parts of the company to develop insights about the future direction of the technologies themselves, customer-focused use cases, buying patterns, and the evolution of the competitive environment.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Maximize insights from a wide variety of industry-leading research tools and publications regarding new and innovative uses of technology that, over both near- (1-3 years) and long-term (4-8+ years) time horizons, can be applied to the challenges of our customer base
- Clearly communicate deeply technical insights to an executive audience
- Develop a strong working partnership with functional leaders across SAIC’s Innovation Factory teams, holding both a practitioner-level (i.e., how does the technology work) and strategic-level (i.e., how do multiple technologies in that ecosystem fit together); fields include artificial intelligence, machine learning, data analytics, digital engineering, digital technologies, immersive technologies, edge computing, cloud, cybersecurity, data platforms, and space technologies, among others.
- Serve as a leader and facilitator promoting a strategy- and data-first culture of planning and analysis for near and long-term corporate and business planning, working collaboratively across Strategy, Corporate Development, and Customer-facing Business Unit (BU) leaders and teams
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions, develop hypotheses and support data-driven analyses and executive presentation materials that define growth plans, actively engaging with colleagues across the company
- Define and manage actionable implementation roadmaps that enable organic growth, BD initiatives, inorganic activities, investment prioritization, and resource alignment
- Develop quantitative (data/models) and qualitative (frameworks, presentations) materials for corporate strategy efforts and broader business reviews
- Lead and support other ad-hoc strategic planning initiatives as they arise and as directed by the corporate leadership
- Work with Strategy team, Innovation Factory capability leaders, and customer-facing BU stakeholders to size the market opportunity for potential investments within technology verticals and help facilitate development of business case models
- Bachelor's degree or higher in relevant business or technical field of study
- More than 5 years of experience leading strategy initiatives, including research recommendation development, that cross technology disciplines, particularly those that are broadly applicable to the US Government
- 5+ years of relevant experience working with federal focused business in defining its market-specific and industry-wide planning and governance
- A demonstrated passion for forward-looking technologies, and in particular for thinking through government / public-sector use cases
- Proven track record of successful establishment and adoption of strategic planning processes, tools, and evolved culture of strategic thinking
- Proven ability to transform organizational approaches to interdepartmental partnerships, ranging from bolstering maximizing business performance through aligning goals, objectives, and ROI
- Demonstrated ability to establish and grow corporate relationships among executives
- Proven ability to manage complex analyses spanning quantitative and qualitative data, delivering executive-level insights
- Proven ability to set guidelines, criteria, and best-in-class competencies for strategy development and deployment leveraging emerging and maturing technologies
- Proven ability to engage with and successfully influence customers, corporate leadership, and industry peers
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities, with specific attention to synthesizing trends, forecasts, and leading with a hypothesis-driven approach
- Proficient with the use of business software, including Microsoft Office Suite and Power BI
- A values-based commitment to teamwork and collaboration
- Strong demonstrated leadership abilities and experience in technology- and customer-focused businesses
- Capability to execute on vision, drive business results, and strategic growth in a highly competitive environment
- Demonstrated capability to deliver thought leadership across peer group, focused on execution and growth, and build and sustain customer and partner intimacy at the highest levels
- A personal style which encompasses a consultative approach to developing culture, colleague and industry networks, and customer relationship management
- Strong executive presence and communication skills verbally and in writing, with ability to actively listen, engage, and influence
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with peers, other functions, and across internal business organizations; strong industry network
- Sound business judgment and strong operational acumen
- Possess ability and skills necessary to motivate at all levels of the organization. He/she will have a personal style that generates high levels of confidence and inspires teamwork and customer focus. In addition, he/she must have a style that fosters a "can-do" attitude and a sense of trust and integrity. Must demonstrate a natural tendency to treat people with respect and adherence to a high standard of strong personal integrity. Must be direct and transparent
- High sense of urgency, positive outlook
- Ability to identify, attract, and retain high quality people of diverse backgrounds who bring along other high-quality people to build an exceptional organization
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to actively listen, read audiences, and quickly identify key issues and areas of need
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills, including strong presentation and proposal writing capabilities, and ability to actively assist capture and proposal teams in the completion of compliant and compelling proposals that perfectly address the needs of the business
- This key individual will be hands-on, action-oriented, and business-focused to drive results and deliver on new business growth goals
- Able to thrive in multi-functional interactive team environments
- Able to work well under pressure, multi-task, and deliver on multiple priorities
- Driven, astute, attentive to detail, credible and dedicated to strategizing and producing work of the highest caliber
- Confidence and experience dealing with senior executives; ability to work effectively in fast-paced, time sensitive, and often multi-tasking environment
- Advanced degree preferred: MBA, or relevant Master’s Degree in technical field of study
- Prior experience as a growth, strategy, technology, and/or corprate development analyst
- Knowledge and/or experience in corporate strategy and development to include market entry, new business models in public sector, technology investment strategy, product management lifecycle
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.