JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC is hiring an Associate Field Engineer in Huntsville, AL. In this role you will supporting the C-VBIED program, and you will be tasked with testing AVIS Systems, as well as pop-up barriers and entry control points for the US Army. The ideal candidates will have experience with UPS systems, Server Systems, Cameras, and Operator Stations, as well as experience supporting and testing electrical and software systems.
LOCATION: This is an onsite postion at an SAIC facility in HUntsivlle, AL.
- Acts as the company engineering representative with overarching responsibility for implementation and optimization of hardware and/or software products and multi-vendor systems at customer sites including oversight and integration support of existing hardware, software, network configurations and new system initiatives for all sites within area of responsibility.
- Installation of software maintenance releases or hardware upgrades including the oversight of the installation process and test procedures to diagnose and resolve product performance problems at installation.
- Identifies areas requiring product improvement and approves/implements upgrades and hardware or software engineering change orders.
- Provides feedback and customer support regarding product performance problems and suggested solutions which may require product exchanges or more complex problem solving.
- Prepares and conducts special reports and presentations pertinent to company products and services, field operations or other applications.
- Plans, prepares and conducts on-the-job training as required in support of the foregoing activities.
- This job may include any aspect of field support, and is not limited to system hardware and software, PCs, and networking/wireless networking.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree and 0 years of related experience.
- Will also consider 4 years of related experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Prior experience with UPS systems, Server Systems, Cameras, LRAD Systems, and/or Operator Stations, as well as experience supporting and testing electrical and software systems.
- Must be able to obtain Secret clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.