SAIC is seeking an Operations Supervisor to support our team in Anaheim, CA. The Operations Supervisor reports directly to the Infrastructure Service Delivery Manager (SDM) and will join the Data Center operations team in support of the City of Anaheim’s compute environment supporting application operations, providing direction to the production control team, provide support for nightly, weekly jobs, reporting, print tasks, and monitor the progress of nightly, weekly and monthly automated tasks. The Production Control Supervisor has three (3) direct reports and will work closely with the Application Support and Development team(s) as well as the SAIC Service Desk in Cookeville, TN.
- Develop and maintain job and processing schedules.
- Provide job and processing monitoring and scheduling (including reruns), job execution, cancellations and daily metrics reporting.
- Execute production, test and demand batch jobs on required systems per City approved schedules.
- Ensure consistent monitoring for all batch jobs and systems
- Ensuring the effective operation of the systems environment through level (L2) troubleshooting of infrastructure, business processes, and applications
- Working with Level 3 (L3) teams in the Network, System, ERP Basis Administrators, application owners and other technical staff to ensure procedures are followed and resolution of incidents are completed
- Keeping Team Leaders and Managers up to date regarding incidents and outstanding items
- Ensure all critical incidents are communicated to senior management
- Documentation of all incidents through ticketing system (i.e., ServiceNow)
- Independently researches, develops and documents new processes and procedures to improve efficiency
- Available to cover Production Control departments 24x7 shift schedule including shift work, weekends, and holidays
- Perform daily operations such as daily backups, restores, data center alert monitoring, incident management and other data center operational activities.
- Keep all Production staff up-to-date regarding incidents and outstanding items by updating and communicating shift turnover
- Troubleshoot Autosys job application scheduler, work with Applications team to resolve incidents, research new functionality, apply necessary fixes, and participate in upgrades
- Monitor Utilities billing system batch cycle during production shifts for incidents
- Run Payroll reporting jobs and notify end users of completion
- Print special forms (eg. Checks) for distribution to client
- Participate in departmental projects to increase efficiency, simplify processes, and automate tasks.
- Provide job scheduling interface for ad hoc job submission and status.
- Maintain a history of job completion results.
- Achievement of critical performance metrics including all contractually required Service Level Requirements (SLRs) on a 24x7 basis are a key focus of this position.
- Interfaces with customer application developers, storage system support personnel, ITSM service delivery leadership, and contract support personnel.
- Manage a staff of three including schedules, task assignments, delegation of new tasks
- Position will need to help cover different shifts in the event of staff paid time off
- Work with different teams in the Infrastructure team to gather monthly, quarterly Service Level Requirement results
- Gather Resource Unit metrics from team members and compile a monthly analysis that shows the difference (i.e., Delta) from one month to the next
- 5+ years' experience providing production control and scheduling services on Mainframe/Open Systems computing infrastructures.
- 2+ years’ experience managing a small team (less than five (5) people)
- Experience working with Financial systems and production control
- Experience working in commercial or local government business environments.
- Excellent Communication Skills – written and oral.
- Must be flexible in outlook and attitude.
- Excellent planning/time management skills.
- Ability and willingness to think outside of the box to find creative and innovative solutions to reduce costs with a minimal impact on reliability.
- Location of work is the City of Anaheim located in Anaheim, CA. Local candidate is preferred.
- Background check and drug test required
- Disaster Recovery experience beneficial.
- Experience working in commercial and local governments business settings.
- ITIL v3 or v4 Foundation Certification.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to analyze, identify and direct resolution of technical, administrative and process issues.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.