SAIC is seeking a highly adaptable, people and mission oriented individual to join its Procurement leadership team. Candidates must be organized and detail oriented with the ability to lead and develop a team consisting of staff members of varying experience levels. This position is in support of SAIC’s Procurement Supply Chain & Materials department.
This position is 100% remote, candidates local to Oak Ridge, TN preferred.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the overall leadership and management of the procurement function in support of designated programs
- Establishes measurement and functional performance goals for staff consistent with guidance from senior leadership
- Manages procurement staff, including workload assignment, performance reviews, career development, recruiting and staff retention within the programs supported
- Cascades information on Ethics, Conflict of Interest, Company coordination requirements, Company communications and external communication restrictions. Also performs regular training on SAIC Policy, Procedures, and Guidelines, acquisition methods, conflicts of interest, procurement integrity, supplier communication limitations, best-value procurement methodologies, source selection boards, and obtaining government approvals to procurement and non-procurement program staff.
- Manages full procurement lifecycle support including, but not limited to
- overseeing and guiding teams’ development of proposals;
- assisting staff in conducting bidders conferences, developing evaluation criteria, analyzing and evaluating proposals, negotiating contract provisions, and selecting or recommending suppliers;
- ensuring internal corporate level reviews and approvals are coordinated and obtained;
- performing risk identification, avoidance and mitigation;
- executing awards timely and in compliance with public law, federal regulation, and SAIC policy/procedure;
- interacting with other functional areas in development and execution of the procurement strategy.
- Works on complex assignments where analysis may require an in-depth evaluation of routine and non-routine data
- Exercises a high degree of independent judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Coordinates with other SAIC departments to ensure compliance with law, accounting, leasing, risk management including insurance, liability provisions, and employee relations.
- Interprets and enforces company-wide policies and procedures.
- Accountable for ensuring procurement audit compliance across the programs
- Accountable for meeting the program's objectives and timelines, customer satisfaction, and compliance with company and government regulation.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by procurement leadership
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering, or technical field desired.
- Minimum of five (5) years related work experience and two (2) years with management responsibilities.
- Demonstrated working experience with FAR and DFAR requirements.
- Excellent time management skills
- Solid communications skills, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate across several levels of staff and customers/vendors
- Strong team player
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Exhibit critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to take a structured and proactive approach to full lifecycle management of projects
- Ability to actively prioritize projects in accordance with changing objectives
- Ability to come up with creative solutions to complex problems and communicate those to achieve stakeholder buy-in
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel and Outlook
DESIRED EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Costpoint purchasing system
- Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Business (MBA), or related field.
- Professional certification in Federal Contract Management (CFCM or CPCM), Supply Management (CPSM) or Project Management (PMP)
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.