SAIC currently has a job opening for a Procurement Associate, in Oak Ridge, Tennessee. Candidate will procure goods and administer purchase orders of low dollar value, risk, and complexity and will report to the Procurement Manager.
This position is available 100% remote, candidates local to Oak Ridge, TN area preferred.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Issue purchase orders for goods supporting SAIC’s customers (DOD, Federal or Civilian Agencies)
- Responsibilities include the development and negotiation of favorable prices, terms, schedules and other provisions of purchase orders and other contract types, ensuring consistency with end-user requirements and procurement policies/procedures.
- Issues Requests for Quote in accordance with prime contract requirements
- Purchase order administration/file maintenance, including supplier management
- Closeout for all procurement related activities and supplier customer management, including negotiating price/cost and price/cost-related terms and other contract provisions
- Confers with suppliers and analyzes suppliers' operations to determine factors that affect prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules
- Recommends suppliers based on gathered information and may also recommend improvements to procurement processes and procedures
- Assume other responsibilities as requested in support of departmental goals and objectives
- A Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, or technical field
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent time management skills
- Solid communications skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to communicate across several levels of staff and customers/vendors
- Strong team player
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Exhibit critical thinking and analytical skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Advanced Word skills
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.