SAIC is looking for an experienced .NET Developer to join our Applications Development and Maintenance team, supporting our client’s large number of COTS and custom applications, and working in an advanced technology environment.This career opportunity can be worked 100% remote nationwide. We support the client from 8AM-5PM PST, who is located in San Diego, CA.
Duties and Responsibilities
- As a Developer, you will be responsible for development, support, maintenance and implementation of complex project modules.
- Lead and responsible for translating software requirements into workable web based applications, including writing specifications and designing, building, testing, implementing, and supporting applications using .NET and Java programming languages and development tools.
- Lead and participate in project planning sessions with technical and functional leads, business analysts and other team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution.
- Lead and participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and provide input to data flow.
- Lead and participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues.
- Lead and provide hands-on day-to-day coaching and support for junior software team personnel in all phases of a project including aspects such as systems architecture, reuse, development processes, technical direction, mentoring of the team.
- Act independently as a technical advisor on the most specialized phases of system design, programming, implementation, and analysis; leads and participates in major system design, development and implementations.
- Gather system requirements and develop specifications, Write code according to specifications, Quality review of others' code or designs, Diagnose and fix bugs in conjunction with QA team
- Lead and participate in troubleshooting issues simple and complex incidents and problems with limited knowledge. Leveraging prior experience and leading a team to identify solutions to resolve outages and technical operational issues.
- Bachelors degree in relevant field and 3 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the following:
- SQL (MS-SQL / PL-SQL)
- .NET (MVC, Core)
- Application Design
- Requirement Analysis
- Client Consultation
- Server / Data Center
- Must be able to pass San Diego PD background investigation, which will include completions of questionnaire, finger printing, polygraph testing, and PD Investigatory interview
- Must be able to support standard business hours in PST zone.
- Java - 3+ years of experience
- Network - 3+ years of experience
- Middleware - 3+ years of experience
- Server/Data Center - 5+ years of experience
- Ability to working effectively and collaboratively with others to achieve common goals
- Able to multitask and work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated performer with a desire to work on a project team, learning and developing software features
- Experience with Java
- Experience with ETL
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of TFS.
- Experience with designing and developing applications using Windows workflow.
- ETL - 2+ years of experience
- Power BI - 2+ years of experience
- TFS - 2+ years of experience
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $85,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.