SAIC is seeking a Secure Cloud Computing Architecture (SCCA)/Infrastructure Engineer to support a US Navy client.
Note: This is a PERM telework/ work from home/ remote/ virtual work at home opportunity.
- Evaluates, selects, adapts, and modifies standard techniques and criteria in order to plan and conduct engineering assignment.
- Plans, schedules, and conducts or coordinates detailed phases of engineering work through the selection and adaptation or modification of techniques, procedures, and criteria. Analyzes features of the work and applies principles and practices of the discipline or devises new approaches in problem solutions.
- Thoroughly reviews all results from assigned tasks and determine if outputs are complete, correct, integrated with project objectives, and adequately documented.
- Maintenance and sustainment of both Information Level 2 (IL2) and IL4 DoD Secure Cloud Computing Architecture (SCCA) deployed for the MCBOSS system within Amazon Web Services(AWS) and the configuration of AWS services (VPC, IAP, etc.) to control the virtual networking of both IL2 and IL4 enclaves of MCBOSS.
- Tasks include operation, maintenance and sustainment of Virtual Data Center Security Stack (VDSS) and Virtual Data Center Managed Services (VDMS) systems connected to a DISA Cloud Access Point. Responsible for meeting Program Increment (~12week) deadlines to create and enhance access to AWS services within the MCBOSS.
- Responsible to maintain compatibility / interoperability of all cloud services composed to create systems within AWS and interacting with SCCA, pipeline tools, cloud services, and mission systems.
- Responsible to coordinate with teams and mission owners creating systems that will utilize the SCCA capabilities to ensure safe and secure operations.
- Responsible for creation and sustainment of internal guides/wikis needed to operate, maintain, modify, and upgrade the VDSS/VDMS within AWS.
- Execute all efforts in a collaborative and Scaled Agile fashion while adhering to government mandated fixed due dates.
- Work with Agile teams (developers, testers, operators and other production IT staff to oversee code releases and deployments of capability.
- Work with Agile teams (developers, testers, operators and other production IT staff to oversee releases and deployments.
- Foster agile relationship between software development and IT operations, establish and refine Continuous Integration (CI) and automation (key processes, release schedules, and infrastructure designs) so that organization can create and release regular updates to products quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Attend and Participate in Periodic Large Scale Agile Planning events. Support standard Agile ritual meetings (Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-ups, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives) as necessary and assist Scrum teams in execution of Sprints.
Required Education and Experience
- HS/GED and 9 years of experience OR Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience
- US Citizen with the ability to pass a US Government background check.
- 6+ years of IT experience
- 2+ years of direct engineering experience with virtualized F5s, Splunk, Juniper routers, Active Directory, RedHat Enterprise, Microsoft Windows Server, and Infrastructure as Code via Terraform and/or CloudFormation Templates.
- Experience with a range of AWS products (e.g. IAM, VPC, EC2, RDS, EBS, Transit Gateway, etc..)
- Experience with a range of automation and configuration management tools including but not limited to Ansible, SCCM, Jenkins, puppet, and others
- Ability to identify, assess and integrate various open-source technologies and private cloud services
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.