SAIC is seeking an Appian Administrator to support a US Navy client.
Note: This is a PERM telework/ work from home/ remote/ virtual work at home opportunity.
- Evaluates, selects, adapts, and modifies standard techniques and criteria in order to plan and conduct engineering assignment.
- Plans, schedules, and conducts or coordinates detailed phases of engineering work through the selection and adaptation or modification of techniques, procedures, and criteria. Analyzes features of the work and applies principles and practices of the discipline or devises new approaches in problem solutions.
- Thoroughly reviews all results from assigned tasks and determine if outputs are complete, correct, integrated with project objectives, and adequately documented.
- Maintenance and sustainment of an Appian application server systems operating in AWS GovCloud in support of the broader MCBOSS DevSecOps Pipeline effort and CI/CD efforts.
- Responsible for meeting Program Increment (~12week) deadlines to create and enhance the Appain Platform.
- Responsible to maintain compatibility / interoperability of the Appian system with adjacent SCCA, pipeline tools, cloud services, and mission systems.
- Responsible, in conjunction with cybersecurity, for creation and sustainment of continuous authorization playbooks/guides/wikis needed to ensure users of the Appian Platform are kept within guardrails to reduce risk to their system.
- Responsible for creation and sustainment of internal guides/wikis needed to operate, maintain, modify, and defend the Appian Platform.
- Work with Agile teams (developers, testers, operators and other production IT staff to oversee releases and deployments.
- Foster agile relationship between software development and IT operations, establish and refine Continuous Integration (CI) and automation (key processes, release schedules, and infrastructure designs) so that organization can create and release regular updates to products quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Attend and Participate in Periodic Large Scale Agile Planning events.
- Support standard Agile ritual meetings (Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-ups, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives) as necessary and assist Scrum teams in execution of Sprints.
Required Education and Experience
- HS/GED and 9 years o experience OR Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
- US Citzien with the ability to pass a US Government background check.
- 6+ years IT experience and Appian administrator engineering experience
- Prefer prior experience with the Appian application service
- Experience with a range of automation and configuration management tools to maintain the Appian system including but not limited to Ansible, SCCM, Jenkins, puppet, and others
- Knowledge/Experience using Appian Logging and Monitoring, Appian Health Check reports, Load Balancer, Web Server, Application Server, Search Server, Engine and Services Server. Execute all efforts in a collaborative and Scaled Agile fashion while adhering to government mandated fixed due dates.
- Work with Agile teams (developers, testers, operators and other production IT staff to oversee code releases and deployments of capability.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.