SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Senior Mainframe Systems Engineer (MCTFS) to support the Technology Services Organization (TSO) Information Technology (IT) Services Contract program under the US Marine Corps. This position is contingent upon contract award, expected in the Fall of 2022.
This position will be located in Indianapolis, IN. Daily work location is still TBD. At a minimum, you will need to be within commuting distance for local meetings in Indianapolis.
We are seeking a “Hands on” team leader, responsible for overseeing team’s daily initiatives, while also providing technical support for Mainframe Services.
The Senior Mainframe Systems Engineer:
- Participates in design, development and implementation of systems engineering activities, including operating system technical support, systems programming and data center capabilities. Responsible for components of complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities. Serves as a seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides technical knowledge and capabilities as a leader on the team. Will influence activities of the team for initiatives and operations.
- Provide leadership to team, acting as a main point of escalation, as well as collaborate on activities within the team and across mainframe engineering teams
- Provide system-level support of multi-user operating systems, hardware and software tools, including installation, configuration, maintenance, and support of these systems
- Research, plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade hardware and software interfaces with the operating system.
- Write and maintain system documentation
- Collect information, analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems
- Identify alternatives for optimizing computer resources
- Active DoD Secret Clearance or be able to obtain and maintain a government-issued security clearance of Secret or higher; interim may be required before starting
Experience, Education and Certification Requirements
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in mainframe systems programming role
- Subject Matter Expert in IBM Mainframe z/OS operating system, control, structure, logic, security
- Strong knowledge and experience with SMP/E, JES2, JES3, JCL, ISPF dialog management, REXX.
- Extensive understanding of IBM zEnterprise server hardware and facilities
- Previous experience managing large scale global deployments
- Experience with wide range of IBM and ISV product and vendor installation support tools
- Experience with IBM Assembler
- Experience with System Automation, Performance Monitoring, Communication Server, CICS, DB2, IMS, WMQ, Batch Scheduling, Change Management, Storage Management, ISPF dialog development HTML
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $135,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.