SAIC is currently SSDS Test Engineer to support the Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare System (PEO IWS), Ship Self Defense Integrated Combat System (SSDS ICS), and Combat Systems Baseline Manager at the Navy Yard in Washington DC.
Typical Job Responsibilities:
- Work will include test design, planning execution, analysis, and reporting for SSDS test events.
- Identifying system requirements from source documents for verification and validations.
- Defining and validating resources needed to test system requirements.
- Involvement in test planning, budgeting, resource coordination, test execution and reporting.
- Identifying the type, quantity and timing of surrogates needed.
- Provide programmatic support including organizational and coordination with various field activities.
- Responsible for creating SSDS ICS test strategies for new software baselines to support throughout the acquisition development cycle including Developmental and Operational Testing as well as Combat System Sea Qualification Trials (CSSQTs).
- Perform technical writing to include position papers, white papers, test plans and program briefs; support various working groups and meetings by facilitating meetings, developing meeting minutes, executive summaries, capturing and tracking action items.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with two (2) or more years of experience; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree (technical degree preferred).
- Test development, planning, and execution processes across US Navy Combat and Warfare Systems.
- Technical knowledge of Ship Self Defense Systems (SSDS) and SSDS based platform (CVN, LHA, LPD, etc.) Combat/Warfare System Elements.
- Operational knowledge of US Navy Ship Systems and programs.
- Comfortable briefing senior level Navy Leadership.
- Strong technical writing proficiency.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project).
- Up to 25% travel required.
- Previous U.S. Navy Active Duty in Senior Enlisted or Officer Positions.
- Experience in Test and Certification schedule development and maintenance.
- Experience in writing TEMPs, CDDs, Test Plans or other testing documentation.
- General Knowledge of database development and maintenance.
Required Security Clearance:
- Must have an Active Secret Security Clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.