SAIC is seeking a Remote Senior Microsoft .Net Developer to join our team to join our team in support of our customer at the Army Human Resources Command in Fort Knox, KY; while working from home. This is a 100% Remote / Work from Home position. The qualified candidate will be a part of a team that is working to implement, enhance, and maintain client server and Web applications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Write, modify, and debug web applications.
- Assist other developers in coding and debugging issues.
- Work with business representatives to define requirements and develop technical specifications.
- Setup and maintain software development and server environment for other developers.
- Monitor quality assurance and required up-times of supported systems and their data sources.
- Maintain versioning and implementation of third party products used in the development process.
- Participate in activities accordingly to ensure on time implementation deliverables are met including day-to-day planning and coordination with testers, developers, project managers and business representatives.
- Serve as a mentor to junior members of the team
- Analyze/resolve software-related issues/problems. Maintain development software for the development team.
- Work with network team to maintain server hosted development tools.
- Work with Database Administrators on design/development and Network Administrators on network requirements.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline; 4 years of additional experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 9 years’ experience using Microsoft Visual Studio for Web based development;
- Demonstrate a high level of competence in object-oriented analysis, design and coding in a .NET server-side environment, specifically utilizing the Microsoft MVC framework.
- At least 9 years’ experience using a major database (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, etc...);
- Experience in writing T-SQL (select, insert, update, and delete statements);
- Experience with debugging and analyzing software errors;
- Experience with object oriented analysis and design;
- Experience working with and writing HTML5, LESS/SASS, Angular and Bootstrap;
- Experience with MicroServices and tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance Required; an interim Secret is acceptable to start work. SAIC will assist with the processing of the interim secret security clearance for the qualified candidate.
- CompTIA Security + Certification is required prior to start date.
- Computing Environment training or certification valid in ATCTS is required to meet IA requirements (Can be attained after starting work, SAIC will assist).
Desired Experience (not required):
- Familiarity with responsive design;
- Experience with Agile and other workflows used by development teams;
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.