SAIC is looking for an Engineering Tech V in Crane, IN to support the US Navy in the Small Arms Prototype Shop.
The Engineering Technician V performs non-routine assignments of substantial variety and complexity, using operational precedents that are not fully applicable, such assignments that are typically parts of broader assignments, are screened to eliminate unusual design problems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, build, and modify prototypes for small arms to support the warfighter
- Create drawings and 3D models from supplied prints with the use of Mastercam 2017.
- Write programs, set up, and operated CNC for Haas and Hurco milling machines, CNC Haas lathe, manual mill and lathe.
- Program computers and electronic instruments such as numerically controlled machine tools. Set controls to regulate machining and entered commands to retrieve, input and edit computerized machine control media. Measured, examine and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, use precision instruments such as micrometers and calipers.
- Establish work procedures for fabricating new structural products, use a variety of metalworking machines. Ensure that new programs and machinery function properly and that output met specifications.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process. Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials onto machines.
- Program cutter path, set up and selected metal cutting tools and inserts.
- Interpret blueprints and drawings. Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products.
- Determine product dimensions and tolerances.
- Prepare working drawings and 3D models for the illustration of product appearance.
- Select the appropriate tools, machines and materials to be used in preparation for machinery work. Lay out, measure and mark metal stock in order to display placement of cuts.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment, machinery, and tools. Review maintenance schedules to determine preventive maintenance to be performed on equipment.
- Communicate with Lead Government Machinist of maintenance that needs to be performed.
A.S. Tool Engineering Technology, ITT Technical Institute or graduate of college; majoring as a Machinist and 6+ years of experience.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Knowledge of Military and/or NSWC Crane operations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Extensive experienced Computer Numeric Controlled (CNC) machinery programmer and operator
- Extensive experienced with use of Mastercam 2017, NX I-deas and Computer Aided Drafting (CAD/AutoCAD)
- Proficient at creating preventive maintenance schedules according to documentation, performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, and troubleshooting and repairs of machinery and equipment.
- Skilled in machining processes and operations.
- High degree of knowledge of engineering principles, terminology, and design practices.
- Practiced designer and maintainer of hydraulic equipment and presses.
- Proficient with pneumatic and hand tools, measuring equipment, and machinery.
- Proficient in sheet metal fabrication; welding, carpentry, and construction.
- Extensive knowledge of machine shop and tool room practice.
- Possess the mechanical aptitude for disassembly and assembly of complex mechanisms.
- Possess extensive knowledge of MasterCam computer aided manufacturing software, along with the ability to create and edit 3D models within Creo PTC computer aided design software.
- Possess knowledge of basic weapon system function to assist in continued maintenance.
- Will be required to operate and provide training on Hurco and HAAS lines of equipment controllers. CREO design software will be utilized as well as other software.
- Will utilize their knowledge of weapon systems functionality to facilitate the expeditious timelines required for prototype design, development and production. Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) SOP-JXNM-F19-00
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.