SAIC has an immediate need for a Network Engineer to support the NASA Integrated Communications Services (NICS) contract at NASA Headquarters in Washington, DC. The NICS contract provides high quality integrated communications services for secure voice, video and data solutions and services to NASA customers worldwide.
We are seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic and knowledgeable Network Engineer who has demonstrated technical expertise administrating and configuring multiprotocol routers, multilayer switches, firewalls, network security devices and network management systems. The candidate will be expected to contribute to the completion of milestones associated with many specific projects.
- Provide technical expertise in all areas hardware and software interconnections and communications between the network devices.
- Be responsible for planning, analyzing, modifying and maintaining networks and related infrastructure components for data and voice networks.
- Conduct testing and reviews of new and existing network systems.
- Prepare network feasibility and cost studies, provide input for security plans, data calls as well as internal studies of network performance and traffic analysis as needed.
- Develop deployment procedures (within change management guidelines) and upgrade strategies for network infrastructure.
- Perform security reviews and evaluation of vulnerabilities related to the network infrastructure and all other associated systems.
- Collaborate with other teams to resolve problems for any Engineering escalation and/or any support needed while troubleshooting network issues.
- Maintain and administer proactive network support through Remedy ticketing system and adhere to all SLAs, guidelines, standards, and procedures.
- Occasional evaluation of new technology, hardware and software and tools to meet business needs and capacity requirements.
- Provide afterhours/on-call support as needed (night and weekends).
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and 0 years related experience.
- 4 years of related experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- List Required Skills here
Desired Skills / Experiences:
- The ability to use and apply technical standards, principles, concepts and techniques to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems
- The ability to work and complete assignments without extensive guidance.
- Good organizational skills and a strong work ethic
- Experience with CISCO technologies and Fortinet Firewalls, AWS, multicast, SDA, IPv6, network subnetting, ACL changes, IPTV, VOIP, Linux, basic scripting, and Wireless technologies.
- Experience using Monitoring and management tools/systems, and ticketing systems.
- Requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Desired Certifications / Training:
- Certification as a Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNA) and/or Relevant Network, Security or Software certifications (e.g. Microsoft, Cisco, etc)
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.