SAIC is currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer in St. Inigoes, Maryland.
Typical Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee development and implementation of solutions to provide robust information systems, accessible networks, and communication platforms.
- Analyze engineering, business applications and other data processing problems to develop and implement solutions to complex application problems, system administration issues, and/or network concerns.
- Development and maintain SharePoint to deliver enhanced SharePoint features and capabilities to customer.
- Performs comprehensive analyses of hardware/software concepts, designs, and test requirements.
- Perform systems management and integration functions; improve existing computer systems; and review computer system capabilities, workflows, and schedule limitations.
- Analyze and/or recommend commercially available software.
- Analyze the computer and information needs of the organization from an operational and strategic perspective and determine immediate and long-range personnel and equipment requirements. Plans and coordinates electronic data processing, information system tools (Including SharePoint), activities, and systems analysis.
- Manage NMCI hardware, software inventory, and system management for all Division support personnel.
- Manage corporate IT assets and software for all contractor support personnel.
- Monitor multiple networks to ensure networks function properly and remain secure and compliant with government IT regulations and restrictions.
- Analyze network infrastructure, maintain network configuration, and upgrade plan. Create upgrade estimates and lead team to acquire resources and equipment to build out network capabilities.
- Strong experience with SharePoint in order to oversee development, implementation and maintenance of SharePoint sites and applications on the current Division's SharePoint site that provides solutions to engineering and business problems.
- Analyze, monitor and maintain multiple networks (NMCI, RDT&E, and Contractor) that are provided for communication for all aspects of the Division.
- Have strong Relational Database experience such as Oracle, SQL Server, and SQL Query. Experience with Oracle and SQL Server software and applications are a plus.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- IT-related degree in Computer science, Information Systems, etc. preferred.
- Strong experience with SharePoint applications development.
- Experience with networked systems.
- Relational Database experience (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server).
- Experience with SQL Query.
Required Security Clearance:
- Must have an active Interim Secret Security Clearance prior to start of employment.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a full Secret security clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.