*** Hiring bonus available for qualified candidates ***
SAIC is seeking a Senior MBSE Systems Engineer to support Programs of Record within the Program Executive Office, Command, Control, Computers, Communications, and Intelligence (PEO C4I).
You will join our highly energized team of engineers as we deploy innovative solutions for supporting Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR), Information Operations (IO), and Meteorological (METOC) programs. The Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) team needs SE and MBSE methods and creative thinking for a successful program. Solutions may consist of process, tools, and people.
Job duties and responsibilities may include any of the following:
- Exercise both thought leadership and practical engineering application by leveraging your Systems Engineering and MBSE experiences to transform programs from a document-centric approach to a model-based approach to more effectively support our customers and ensure their mission success.
- Use your knowledge of systems engineering processes, methods, tools, and program roles to help develop, implement, and deploy Systems Engineering and Integration solutions for use on an individual program(s).
- Learn, apply, and continuously improve our current MBSE platform to capture stakeholder and system requirements, facilitate discussion and understanding of solution usage, and enhance our rapidly growing – and fully supported MBSE culture.
- Engage with other systems engineers directly supporting programs and foster broader understanding of modeling and assist them in developing Systems Engineering work products, including: System Specifications, Logically Derived and Linked Requirements, Architecture Descriptions, Interface Definitions, System Diagrams, Trade Studies, etc.
- Engage with the larger community to stay up to date with latest trends and emerging technologies, approaches, methods, and techniques to further mature and or increase our SEI capabilities.
- Demonstrated effective communications, presentation, and writing skills are required.
- Provide technical and acquisition assistance for Programs of record.
- Schedule and attend system engineering meetings and conferences.
- Provide support that follows industry standards including integration policies and documentation.
- Work proficiently on complex technical problems and seek solutions for consideration.
- Conduct system engineering activities based on sound engineering practices, fleet experience and acquisition feasibility.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience. Applicable experience will be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools and procedures. Advanced experience using enterprise modeling tools to model complex systems using SysML, UPDM, BPMN, and/or UAF.
- Understanding of PEO C4I / NAVWAR organization structure, programs of records and mission focus.
- Basic familiarity of PoR, DOD, U.S. Navy acquisition documents.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software to include: Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to operate both independently and without direct supervision and in a collaborative software development lab environment
•TS/SCI with Current SSBI
Desired Skills and Certifications:
- Understanding PEO C4I, NAVWAR, US Navy C-ISR systems and CONOPS
- INCOSE systems engineering certification (CSEP or ESEP) Project Management Institute Project Management Professional (PMP) certification. Familiarity with Scaled Agile Framework Environment SAFe; familiarity with administration of Model Based Engineering tools
- Prior Military (Navy) experience
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.