SAIC is seeking an Operations Research Analyst to support the US Navy in Crane, IN.
Note: This position will be partially flexwork/work from home/telework with some on-site work until government restrictions are lifted due to COVID-19 mitigation concerns. Once these restrictions are lifted this position will resume on-site work at Crane Naval Base.
- Candidate is responsible for the formulation and application of mathematical and optimization modeling to decision making, policy formulations, and other functions of our business operations.
- The operations research analyst will collect and analyze data on business operations, identify and understand potential or existing problems, show the implications of different actions to solve the problems, and assist in the decision-making process.
- May develop and supply optimal time, cost, or logistics networks for program evaluation, review, or implementation.
- Interprets results and formulates insights and findings underpinned by the data analysis.
- Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Ultimately, the operations research analyst will assist the leadership team in the allocation of resources, production schedule development, supply chain management, and pricing procedures.
- A successful operations research analyst should have strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills and should also have good technical and computer literacy skills, demonstrating a strong understanding of mathematics and data analysis.
- Collecting and analyzing data from current operation systems to develop decision support software.
- Gathering input from technical employees with specialized knowledge who can assist in solving operational problems.
- Using statistical analysis or simulations to analyze the information to define operational problems, develop methods to analyze the problem, and develop practical solutions.
- Defining data requirements, gathering and validating information, and applying judgment and statistical tests to devise problem-solving actions.
- Selects computational or data manipulation methods to be used in research and analysis.
- Applies validation and testing models to data. Develops mathematical models and/or creates simulation models of problems, applying expected constants and variables, restrictions, alternatives, numerical parameters, and conflicting objectives.
- Collaborate with management to define and clarify business objectives to better understand problems and create appropriate
- Writing reports on your findings and recommendations.
- Developing time and cost networks to plan, control, and review large projects.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- A bachelor's degree in operations research, engineering, computer science, mathematics, or related field with a minimum of 2 years of practical experience. Will consider additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- A master's degree would be advantageous.
- Preferred DOD or Navy Logistics background.
- Excellent mathematical skills with the ability to create and conduct simulation models, data reduction, and trend analysis.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with statistical analysis software.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and report writing skills.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Candidate must be able to obtain a Full DoD Secret Clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.