The Software Asset Management (SAM) Analyst will support SAM processes for a government customer. This position will require the development and implementation of policies, processes, and actions that identify, track, and provide overall software license management to support the customer’s software assets across the enterprise. It also requires education and/or experience in software program management via licensing to include enterprise agreements, quantity-based purchasing, and license quantity/cost reduction. The SAM Analyst will need to be familiar with agile and waterfall methodology to implement an automated tool for the customer to more accurately inventory, install, purchase, and update software in a repeatable process.
This role is temporarily remote due to Covid-19. Associates will report back to the office at the customer's request.
- Engage with stakeholders and build consensus on project success criteria.
- Work with Team Lead to ensure timely prioritization of project commitments.
- Create and maintain status reporting via Power Point/ Excel / customer Specific Tools.
- Provide technical and administrative assistance to assure the assets, products and services purchased and installed conform to service level agreements, contract specifications, agreed upon schedule and the expected level of quantity and quality.
- Support to the Government Software team.
- Provide support services ranging from user assistance, software installs, purchase assistance, renewals, removals, entitlement and proof of purchase tracking, network scan reconciliation, download assistance, procurement package documentation.
- Coordinate oversight of software asset inventory and reporting needs.
- Assist with the review, process, and tracking of all software licensing, and maintenance requests from initial submission to delivery.
- Collect and maintain accurate Software Licensing information in repositories to address budgeting, software compliance & inventory, contracts, cost and internal and external audit queries
- Implement SAM solution tools, processes and procedures to automate the collection, storage and reporting of key software data so that the products can be managed across the enterprise in an effective manner.
- Continuously assesses tool capabilities for software discover, inventory, and meter software use for key vendor products.
- Provide analysis of the software data that can be used to drive key business decisions.
- Track and ensure notice periods are met for changes and cancellations. Identify savings opportunities.
- Respond to requests from Software Owners, end users, managers, developers, and team members for specific IT Software Asset Management information.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology or Engineering and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; May accept additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Complete understanding of software lifecycle management
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving skills, including the ability to accumulate, organize, and assimilate large amounts of information.
- Knowledge of Software Asset Management principals / practices
- Understanding of Asset Management tools and technologies
- Strong Excel and PDF skills
- Knowledge of product use rights for publishers such as VMware, Microsoft, Oracle, Adobe, etc.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Strong cross-functional team skills
- Ability to multitask
- Understanding of Waterfall and Agile Project Management methodologies
- Must hold an active secret clearance.
- Basic understanding of government acquisition processes
- Familiarity with federal IT mandates (e.g. FITARA, OMB 16-12, MEGABYTE, etc.)
- Newest practices for executive communication
- Experience with SAM tools (ServiceNow SAM PRO).
- Understanding of FedRAMP Gov Cloud Platform.
- Experience with Windows and Linux/UNIX environments preferred and/or DBA experience in Oracle and/or SQL is a plus.
- PMP, ACP, ITIL, IAITAM or CSAM certification a plus
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.