SAIC is seeking a Network and Systems Administrator to join a software development team under a Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) contract in Washington D.C. The candidate will manage the continuous operation of servers, network and related infrastructure supporting the information systems. Duties include installing new software releases, patches, and updates, as well as managing the overall configuration to ensure it is up to date and the required security controls are properly implemented.
This position can be worked remotely in the DCMV area, but will require around 10% attendance in the Washington D.C. customer office.
- Assist in the effort to provide secure, stable, and scalable solutions in mainly Windows OS and some Linux OS
- Design, implementation, configuration, and administration of Windows and Linux operating systems to support various applications
- Design, implementation, configuration, and administration of domains, sub domains, domain controllers, DHCP, DNS, AD, WSUS servers, RDP, RDS, Certificate Authority, VMWare, Hypervisor
- Design, implementation, configuration, and administration of small multi-tiered network with Cisco ASAs, WAPs, and network switches
- Configure, monitor, and maintain virus protection software (McAfee ePo/HBSS), network and application scanners (Tenable Nessus, AppDetective), server logs
- Ability to work independently to overcome and solve problems with environment
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field and 3 years of experience
- At minimum must have an interim Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret level security clearance as well as DHS suitability clearance
- Experience with maintaining VMware ESXi hosts, HyperVisor, Docker, or related Virtual Machines technologies
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining client network infrastructure, including Cisco switches, routers, and firewalls in an IT environment
- Experience in the installation, configuration, and maintenance of Microsoft Windows Server 2019/2016/2012, domain controllers, AD, DNS, DHCP, sub domaining, self-signed certificate management, WSUS, KMS
- Experience with configuring and hosting containers (Docker) in cloud environment
- Experience maintaining a secure production environment
- Understanding of troubleshooting and resolving system issues on Windows and Linux operating systems
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for administration tasks
- Understand multiple systems and areas of functionality in a dynamic environment
- Desire and ability to own problems and solve them
- Team player with excellent communication skills and positive attitude
- Ability to manage assignments independently
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Must be able to clearly communicate status and urgency information using telephone and email
- Flexible, versatile, and adaptable to day-to-day activities
- Experience with AWS Cloud or similar
- Experience with supporting development teams and tools
- Experience supporting and the administration of development tools: Jira, SVN, Git, and more.
- Experience supporting and automating tasks using scripts, Chef, Jenkins, and other methodologies.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.