Duties and Responsibilities:
SAIC is currently looking for a Network Engineer to support Range Network System Engineering & Integration (RN SE&I) activities. Activities will be in support of the United States Space Force (USSF) Space Systems Command (SSC). Services provided by this effort includes modernizing and sustaining the Satellite Control Network (SCN), the Launch and Test Range System (LTRS), and the Space Training Acquisition Office (STAO). We are seeking a engineers with experience in Research & Development, Rapid Development or Agile methodologies for the RN SE&I contract to support the SCN government team.
Job Specific Responsibilities (includes but not limited to):
- Providing Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) support for various instrumentation systems including telemetry, command control, radar, communications, and associated systems.
- Perform engineering of system architectures, requirements analysis and decomposition, including system performance test and verification.
- Perform engineering analyses to predict and define problems, define/design actionable corrective measures, and operational implementation.
- Track requirements to subsystems, generate requirements documents.
- Participate or lead technical meetings and government-led studies, assess technical baselines and ensure system modifications meet requirements.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent and minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- DoD Secret Clearance
- Experience with requirements traceability, system-of-systems integration and testing, test planning, development and execution testing
- Design experience, implementation, and troubleshooting of voice systems, WAN/LAN networking and virtual desktop infrastructure.
- Proficiency with communication network analysis tools (QualNet, NS3, Fortinet, SIEM, IDS/IPSe.g.) along with Unix and Windows.
- 3 years related experience in infrastructure/network/storage environments and designing, planning, documenting and implementation of infrastructure.
- Direct experience with the deployment of cloud or virtual based solutions.
- Applied experience in cyber security tool deployment to networked devices such as HBSS, Solarwinds, and SL1.
- Enterprise firewall experience – experience configuring and managing enterprise firewalls and gateway devices.
- Capability in the development of cyber security artifacts to support system accreditation.
- Understanding of networking principles in space applications.
- Experience with a variety of communication system architectures for variety of RF architectures
Desired Qualifications & Experience
- Working knowledge of the Satellite Control Network or similar communications architecture.
- Prior experience interfacing with multiple agencies to coordinate connectivity of new or existing ground systems.
- Proficiency with analysis tools for space applications (STK Comm module, Riverbed)
- Experience developing required documentation to setup communications connectivity at military installations.
- TS/SCI Security Clearance
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $150,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.