SAIC is seeking Junior to mid-level Drafter/CAD Operators to support the US Navy in Crane, IN.
- The Draft/CAD Operator performs drafting work manually or using a computer, requiring knowledge and skill in drafting methods, procedures, and techniques, prepares drawings of structures, facilities, land profiles, water systems, mechanical and electrical equipment, pipelines, duck systems, and similar equipment, systems, and assemblies.
- Drawings are used to communicate engineering ideas, design, and information.
- This operator uses recognized systems of symbols, legends, shadings, and lines having specific meanings in drawings. Excluded are: a. Designers using technical knowledge and judgment to conceive, plan, or modify designs; b. Illustrators or graphic artists using artistic ability to prepare illustrations; c. Office drafters preparing charts, diagrams, and room arrangements to depict statistical and administrative data; d. Cartographers preparing maps and charts primarily using a technical knowledge of cartography; e. Positions below level I; workers in these trainee positions either trace or copy finished drawings under close supervision or, receive instruction in the elementary methods and techniques of drafting; and f. Supervisors.
- Positions are classified into levels based on the following definitions.
- The Drafter/CAD Operator II prepares various drawings computer models of such units as construction projects or parts and assemblies, including various views, sectional profiles, irregular or reverse curves, hidden lines, and small or intricate details.
- Work requires use of most of the conventional drafting and CAD techniques and a working knowledge of the terms and procedures of the occupation.
- The Draft/CAD Operator II makes arithmetic computations using standard formulas. Familiar or recurring work is assigned in general terms.
- Unfamiliar assignments include information on methods, procedures, sources of information, and precedents to follow.
- Simple revisions to existing drawings or computer models may be assigned with a verbal explanation of the desired results.
- More complex revisions are produced from sketches, computer models or specifications that clearly depict the desired product.
- Typical assignments include: a. Preparing several views of a simple gear system from a layout and manual references and obtaining dimensions and tolerances from manuals and by measuring the layout. b. Preparing and revising detail and design drawings for such projects as the construction and installation of electrical or electronic equipment, plant wiring, and the manufacture and assembly of printed circuit boards. Drawings typically include details of mountings, frames, guards, or other accessories; conduit layouts; or wiring diagrams indicating transformer sizes, conduit locations and mountings. c. Drawing base and elevation views, sections, and details of new bridges or other structures, revising complete sets of roadway drawings for highway construction projects, or preparing block maps, indicating water and sewage line locations.
- Ideal if candidate can redraw drawings from pdf files into 3D SolidEdge drawings and also be able to work in Solid Works.
- If candidate knows CREO this will add to resource pool as well.
- This person would be able to quickly complete tasking independently and as a team member, with detailed or general instruction.
- Possessing attention to detail; able to generate detailed design deliverables from sketches, drawings, or verbal instruction.
- Ability to apply ASME Y14 standards including the application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances to complete technical design packages.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- HS/GED and 2 years’ experience with relevant certification; OR Associates degree and 1 years’ experience in a related field. One additional year of experience in lieu of certification is acceptable with no related degree.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Preferred experience with additional programs such as SolidEdge, Solid Works or Creo.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to learn Configuration Management and be able to follow DoD Standard Operating Procedures and use DoD Sharepoint and file servers where drawings are managed.
- Must be able to start with pdf files of drawings and create 3D drawings, with experience in SolidEdge or other 3D drawing software.
- Proficient on PC.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline and detail oriented environment.
- Possess strong time management and troubleshooting skills.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effectively collaborate with a variety of teams and interested parties.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, demonstrating initiative and organization.
- Must be able to obtain a Full DoD Secret Clearance but can start without clearance. Active Secret clearance preferred.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.