Job ID: 2114934
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Apr 12, 2022
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work:
Benefits: Click here
Join a winning team! SAIC’s National Security and Space (NSS) Sector is currently hiring for a customer within the Intelligence Community (IC) in Chantilly, VA. This customer is responsible for designing, building, and operating national security-related systems based in space, in the air, and on the ground. SAIC is a strong company providing opportunities for energetic individuals with a strong desire to expand their knowledge while increasing their responsibilities.
NSS has an opening for a Program Management Office (PMO) Ground Systems Test Engineer to provide systems engineering and technical advisory services to a rapidly expanding Government Intelligence Community (IC) customer. The customer is developing next-generation of space and ground protection systems architectures, hardware and software solutions.
The Ground Systems Test Engineer will support oversight of the planning and execution of requirements verification testing to ensure our ground processing system is meeting the required capabilities, and identify any deficiencies in the system.
The duties and responsibilities as a Ground Systems Test Engineer will include:
- Read and understand the current plans for system testing, test procedures, and anticipated outcomes for test events, including security requirements and constraints
- Follow the integration of the system elements and integrated system testing
- Contribute to creating, editing, and following test documentation throughout all phases of the requirements verification testing program, including data analyses
- Observe the contractor-led software tests, and coordinate data inputs/outputs and capturing mission data and required metadata
- Uncover and report discrepancies, assess impacts, and make recommendations on workarounds and fixes to ensure the system meets requirements
- Work with staff to compile test evidence into overall test summaries in order to sell off all requirements
- Communicate summaries, successes, concerns, issues, and lessons learned with leadership, as necessary
- Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- BS degree in a technical field with nine (9) years or more of experience; additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Sound technical skills in testing principles and terminology
- Specific knowledge and experience of software testing and analysis
- Experience with testing and requirements selloff processes
- Knowledge of space operations and ground processing systems
- Ability to coordinate with other technical personnel and program users to ensure test results are commonly understood and communicated to technical and non-technical personnel
- Support extended work hours during testing events
- Knowledge and skills in orbital mechanics
- Experience with Intelligence Community and Department of Defense organizations, especially with space-based systems
- SAFe 4.0 certification or higher
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.