A successful candidate will serve as a Principal Engineer for the NASA NICS Enterprise LAN Service Line.
This position will fill a key role in helping lead the architecture and design of NASA’s LANs across the entire Agency.
- Developing target architectures for LANs to be used at all NASA centers
- Working with engineers across the Agency to help guide the evolution of networks in alignment with established standards
- Testing and development of approved networking products for use on the NICS contract
- Management and support for NASA’s Enterprise Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) environment including over 40 appliances supporting all NASA centers.
- Planning for the insertion of new technologies such as Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Testing and validation of new designs and software upgrades in NASA’s lab environment prior to deployment into production
- Development of detailed Release and Deployment Packages (RDP) to be implemented by the Network Operations Center (NOC)
- Excellent oral and written skills and be able to present technical information in formal presentations to both internal and external customers.
- Candidate must have extensive experience with Cisco or Juniper campus networks.
- Extensive working knowledge of LAN network design, network access control (NAC), IPv6, routed data protocols and hardware platforms.
- Candidate must be a self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, able to develop technical guidance documents and multitasking between multiple ongoing projects to ensure customer requirements and timelines are met.
- Advanced vendor certifications such as CCNA/CCNP/CCIE.
- Experience with Cisco ISE and Cisco Software Defined Access (SDA).
- Additional experience supporting large-scale networks in an enterprise environment is preferred.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.