SAIC and its Veterans Affairs (VA) Practice is one of the largest and fastest growing providers of consulting services to the Federal market. SAIC is creating professional opportunities for those seeking a growth oriented business environment. Our professionals work with Government agencies and organizations to create efficiencies, increase organizational and human performance, reduce costs, improve operating results, and achieve mission success.
SAIC is deploying a multidisciplinary team of experienced professionals to provide technical management and support services that will assist in delivering effective, consistent and timely project management execution throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). SAIC is seeking a Project Manager to support project management activities across a broad spectrum of Office of Information & Technology (OI&T) projects.
The Technical Project Manager is responsible for providing direct support, management, and oversight of a specific work area, functional area, project, or sub-product(s) within a software development portfolio at the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The primary focus area for this role is to support a GS-15 VA employees organize, track, and complete tasks. The Technical Project Manager will also be responsible for standard program management office (PMO) administrative tasks, including deliverables support, data call management, meeting support, compliance activities, and document management, with a specific focus on technical writing and communication.
- Supervise development and sustainment activities for a specific product, project, or work area, including participation in relevant meetings and management of reporting and communication requirements
- Support and coordinate review deliverables produced by third-party development vendors; validate Sprint results with VA leads and make recommendations for COR approval/rejection
- Manage and maintain the information systems, dashboards, and document repositories (e.g., Microsoft SharePoint, Jira, GitHub, etc.) that are used to store data and documents on project scope, schedule, cost, risks, and performance, and consult with clients to determine the role of IT systems within the organization
- Lead project compliance activities by updating the required dashboards; writing, compiling, and/or editing project artifacts; preparing for milestone reviews; and advising VA customers on compliance requirements and upcoming actions
- Track intake, assignment, development and submission of data calls and their responses
- Lead the development of executive-level communications products (PowerPoint briefings, executive summaries, talking points, Excel-based data calls, etc.) for standard reporting requirements and in response to formal project information requests (i.e., data calls) from VA leadership, Congress, and external stakeholders
- Consolidate information from project subject matter experts and from personal knowledge to develop complete drafts of communication products and information request responses, and present to clients for review and approval
- Translate technical information from disparate sources into executive-level communications
- Make recommendations on how information request responses should be worded or formatted to satisfy the requestor’s requirements and avoid rework
- Maintain a knowledge management repository and historical record of communication responses and artifacts, which is continuously updated based on development activities and new business requirements
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing processes and procedures by collecting qualitative and quantitative data, and make recommendations for continuous process improvements
- Manage calendars; coordinate weekly, monthly, and quarterly meetings with vendors
- Create and update contact lists for government and vendor stakeholders
- Work proactively and independently to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Plan, monitor, and control relevant tasks outlined in the contract and statement of work
- Maintain knowledge of VA rules and regulations.
- Function as part of an integrated team sharing products, best practices, and information across the portfolio
Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
Required Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific/technical discipline with at least 6 years of relevant work experience in a related field(s).
- Note that 8 years of work experience may be substituted in lieu of an undergraduate degree. 10 years of work experience is preferred.
- Experience working as a contractor or an employee for the Federal government
- Excellent interpersonal and team collaboration skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate initiative to address incoming items without always being specifically tasked, a self-starter.
- Experience providing program/project management support to a government client.
- Comfort acting in a trusted advisor, objective third-party capacity to federal clients, providing consultative services and thought leadership.
- Ability to provide oversight and guidance to VIP/project management process compliance specialists on Critical Decision (CD) project management accountability activities and procedures.
- Microsoft Office suite of tools and Microsoft SharePoint
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust with Veterans Affairs
- Experience supporting the VA
- Prefer someone with 10+ years of relevant project experience
- Experience with IBM Rational Tools Suite
- Familiarity with VA OIT Veteran-Focused Integration Process (VIP) Knowledge of and success performing in a role within a Project Management Office for large programs in the federal government environment
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $85,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.