SAIC is currently looking for a Systems Administrator to support the work on the Aviation (AVN) Systems Integration Laboratories (SILs) located in Huntsville, Alabama (Redstone Arsenal).
- Operate as the system admin for the AVN SILs and report to the project manager
- Work independently with general direction and as a team member
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and annual operational maintenance, support, and software upgrades
- Schedule backups, installations, and upgrades and maintain the system hardware and software in accordance with the customer’s IT and IA policies and procedures
- Works with the engineering team to ensure system and application data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions
- The identification, documentation and mitigation of cybersecurity vulnerabilities using the Risk Management Process (RMF) and compliance with an Authority to Operate (ATO)
- Providing robust implementation of good security practices and technical insight on remediation of cybersecurity concerns via direct interaction with the software development team.
- The position requires daily interaction with the AVN SIL leadership and Software Engineering teams to review security design requirements, evaluate proposed technical solutions for remediation of software vulnerabilities, and verify implementation of security updates for sustaining the current and future AVN SIL systems.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and 5 years related experience;4 years of experience can be used in lieu of a degree
Clearance: Must have an active Secret Clearance; US citizenship is required
- Security + or DOD 8570 IAT Level II complaint certification
- Computing Environment (CE) certificate
The prospective candidate should possess hands on experience with:
- Windows Server and Client OS experience
- CentOs and command line environment to implement Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Juniper Switches (desired/not required)
- Experience working with routers
- Networks and network configuration experience
- Knowledge about DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) and the accreditation process for DoD systems
Understanding of the following: (Desirable / Not Required)
- EMASS (Enterprise Mission Assurance Security System)
- ACAS (Assured Compliance Assessment Scanner)
- HBSS (Host Based Security Solution)
- IAVMs ( Information Assurance Vulnerability Management)
- CVE’s (Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures; per MITRE/SANS
- CWE’s (Common Weakness Enumeration), per MITRE/SANS
- US-CERT Secure Coding Standards
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.