Technical Epidemiologist Analyst
SAIC is seeking a Technical Epidemiologist Analyst to join our team within the Defense Health Agency (DHA).
- Engaging with senior level, Uniformed and Civilian, subject matter experts and key program stakeholders to manage and facilitate teams, strategic action groups, interagency task forces, senior executive/Congressional/White House briefings, meetings, and working group sessions
- Researching and preparing talking points, briefing materials, read ahead collateral for military health related meetings
- Tracking, analyzing, updating, and reporting status on multiple high-level initiatives
- Documenting and synthesizing information discussed in meetings
- Desktop publishing, including designing, formatting, writing, and editing evaluation reports and client deliverables
- Update deliverables based on customer/staff/project manager feedback related to possible gaps, errors, and improvement opportunities
- Communicating with the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner, including delivering clear requests for information
- Leading initiatives and activities associated with the client’s response to Evaluation directives
- Executing a streamlined rapid evaluation protocol to determine the outcome and impact of military health services through evidence-based evaluation
- Establishing guidelines and conduct training for any eligible entities in an effort to adopt a common standard for rapid evaluation activities
- Supporting data collection, interview protocols, onsite evaluation and preparation of reports
- Providing consultation/technical services in areas such as Data Collection and Analysis, Development and implementation of effectiveness metrics, Process Improvement, Program Design, Community Outreach, and Partnership Planning Support
- Bachelors and 10 years of experience, Masters and 8 years of experience, or a Doctoral degree and 2 years of experience.
- An ideal candidate will have 2+ years of military healthcare operations experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Familiarity with military medical disciplines
- Familiarity with military cultural competence
- Must be organized, flexible, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with MS Office, especially MS Word and MS Excel
- Experience with Adobe Professional and with posting and sharing documents in SharePoint
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Visual Studio Business Intelligence/SQL Server Development Tools/SQL Server Integration Services
- 1000+ hours of experience creating, deploying, and modifying SQL Server Integrations Services packages
- 1000+ hours of advanced T-SQL coding including creation of views and procedures
- Experience with programming languages: Python, R, SQL
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, presentation, and technical communication skills
- Ability to succeed as both an individual contributor and team member, identify and address client needs, and contribute to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members, and proactively seeking guidance, clarification, and feedback
- Ability to assimilate and analyze information from a wide variety of sources efficiently and effectively
- Experience in leading project teams and/or collaborating with team members
- Experience in conducting research, interviews, focus groups, and other methods to analyze challenges and needs
- Experience in conducting analysis of effectiveness data through qualitative and quantitative analysis of utilization, healthcare costs, and program outcomes
- Ability to provide written summary of statistical findings and conclusions
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in military healthcare
- Work closely with staff to develop curriculum and toolkits for training military healthcare providers and program directors on evaluation methodologies
- Knowledge of existing best practices and lessons learned from relevant other DoD and federal agencies in evaluation planning and implementation
- Ability to consult and collaborate with military healthcare providers, researchers, and policy makers
- Desire and skill to work as member of an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to oversee production of timely, high quality work products, appropriate for an executive-level audience, that meet client approved objectives
- Experience in conducting/supporting program design, assessment, or evaluation within a large agency or organization, preferably the military
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.