SAIC is seeking a Desktop Support Technician to work on site in Norfolk, VA.
Work Site Address: 9456 Fourth Avenue, Norfolk, VA 23511
Duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Perform various IT services including software installation and network configuration for our Tactical Networks (TACNET) Technical and Production Support Team
- Collaborate with US government civilians, active duty military personnel, and industry partners to provide system configuration, operability, and sustainment services to the warfighter.
- Install software and configure PCs, Laptops, thin clients, printers, and audio visual devices
- Perform functional tests of network and server systems, software installations, system upgrades, hardware/cable changes, and component configuration in both lab facility and shipboard environments.
- Provide root cause analysis and propose permanent baseline configuration changes.
- Be able to travel up to 10% to CONUS and OCONUS locations in support of customer requirements
- Provide occasional weekend and off hour support.
- Provide on the job training and familiarization to sailors and program partners.
- Generate daily technical status, travel, and after action reports.
- Report and escalate issues to senior members of the team.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- Active DOD SECRET Clearance
- Current Security +, CASP, or CISSP certification
- Ability to obtain CCNA, MCSA, Linux+, VCP, or other OS certification within 6 months of hire date
- One (1) year of IT Support experience to include: installation, testing, repair, and troubleshooting of stand-alone computers, computer peripherals, and printers
- Effective communicator with strong attention to detail
- Ability to adapt in a high-paced, dynamic work environment and manage shifting priorities
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.