SAIC is seeking a Cloud System Administrator to work on a dynamic, energized team on a leading edge technology program with an exciting mission critical to national security objectives. The successful candidate will provide cloud expertise and support on different networks, including development networks. Strong customer service, prioritization, and communication skills are essential to enable collaboration with other teams.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Develop and use scripts used to provision cloud based infrastructure such as instances, storage, routing, subnetting
- Assist with projects involving server, network, and cloud infrastructure support as directed
- Actively participate in high-level team activities such as suggesting architectural improvements, recommending process improvements and conducting tool evaluations
- Create and maintain technical documentation and facilitate training of wider cloud services team
- Monitor Enterprise system, perform log management and event analysis via various tool sets
- Work directly with stakeholders and Project Management team to coordinate planning, design, installation, and support\upgrades of new and existing technologies
- Interact with senior personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations
- Ensure security issues are addressed effectively in the customer’s environment for all components of the platform operating system environment.
- Design, create and maintain Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) between the customer network and other cloud and on premise environments.
- Configure and implement VPCs, subnetting, route tables, internet gateways, elastic IPs, Nat gateways associated with the customer cloud network.
- Maintain and build scripts to manage the customer cloud infrastructure and server instances.
- Support IA activities associated with obtaining IA approvals for the customer cloud environment.
- Must possess an active Top Secret/SCI with polygraph
- A Bachelor’s degree in an IT-related discipline or additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree with 9+ years of relevant experience
- Must have hands on demonstrable experience with Amazon Web Services (or equivalent cloud service)
- Must have experience with Linux: experience w/: file exploring, file management, installing packages, using basic terminal applications e.g., git, familiarity with SSH, understanding of certificates, reverse proxy, read and write shell scripts, automating server setup with bash scripts
- Must work well independently and in a team environment and has a willingness to cross train skills with other team members to create a more diverse technically competent team.
- Experience designing and managing cloud-based solutions, such as implementing cloud-based storage solutions to fit customer requirements, recommending vendor specific products (e.g. AWS, Azure) to meet requirements, managing networking, federated user authentication, and other native cloud-based solutions.
- Experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where requirements and priorities change rapidly. Candidate must be flexible and capable of multi-tasking, triaging and working off issues while maintaining focus on customer mission.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud offering services and how they can meet customer requirements. For example, Machine Learning, Development Tools, MQ, vendor specific database services, etc.
- Cloud Certifications (AWS, Azure, CompTIA, etc.).
- Multi-cloud experience is desired.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.