Job ID: 2114628
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2021
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Public Trust
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
Seeking experienced, energetic, forward-thinking full- stack software developers to join our team as we continue to provide digital transformation services to our customers. The successful candidate will be excited to work in an agile DevSecOps environment and will have experience developing web applications, including both client user interfaces as well as REST/SOAP services.
Our teams will be developing or modernizing applications that run in private and commercial cloud infrastructures. As such, the candidate should have familiarity developing applications that use virtualization, containers, and cloud services – with a focus on platforms such as Java, OpenShift, and Kubernetes.
- Develop software applications with Java
- Work with business analysts to understand requirements as documented in user stories
- Work with subject matter experts and testers to verify functionality against documented test cases
- Work with cybersecurity engineers to identify and remediate security vulnerabilities
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- A minimum of 9 years in relevant software development experience
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process
- Experience with DevOps principles and practices
- Strong analytic and problem-solving abilities
- Strong organizational, time-management, verbal communication, and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic with a “can do” attitude
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to function at a fast pace with multiple projects and associated deadlines
- Knowledge of and ability to apply software support and troubleshooting methodologies
- Ability to provide 24x7 support of applications as required
- Java and Java frameworks such as Spring and JPA/Hibernate
- HTML5, CSS, and CSS preprocessors like SASS or LESS
- Developing REST & SOAP services and APIs
- Understanding of microservice architecture
- UI/UX design and working with UI developers to finalize and implement their designs
- Cross-browser development and testing
- Compliance with Section 508 accessibility requirements
- SQL and relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, and PostgreSQL
- General development tools such as Git, Eclipse / IntelliJ / Visual Studio Code, etc.
- Development and deployment with OpenShift, Kubernetes, Jenkins, and Ansible
- Linux and Windows server environments
QualificationsTYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.