Job Description: SAIC is hiring a Data Center Technician to support the Army Corp of Engineers in Vicksburg, MS. We are looking for someone familiar with a variety of IT hardware, such as servers, storage, switches, routers, cable plant, as well as, supporting systems such as power and cooling equipment. In this role you will be tasked with setting up the infrastructure needed to connect servers, storage and networks together, while being familiar with the technology enough to perform system monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
Location: This role will be 100% at a Data Center in Vicksburg, MS.
Troubleshoot, install, maintain and operate datacenter white space which includes: floor plans, rack drawings, hot/cold containment, fiber and copper infrastructure, branch circuit distribution, power requirements, cable plant pathway for multiple sites either owned, leased, or collocation data center facilities.
Create, develop, and maintain datacenter infrastructure site documentation, including floor layouts, rack elevations, and network cabling point to point spreadsheets;
Install, troubleshoot and maintain cable plant to support engineered networks and IT operations
Responsible for the racking, cabling, maintenance and troubleshooting of IT equipment within the data center
Responsible for entering and maintaining the asset inventory of all data center equipment in ServiceNow
Maintain work tools, spare parts, copper, fiber and power cord inventory
Interface with & guide vendors to troubleshoot and install related server & network equipment
Ensure all equipment is labeled in compliance with data center standards
Monitor & coordinate security access within the assigned data center area
Follow data center standard processes and procedures associated with the management and deployment of data center infrastructure covering power planning, structured cabling, and mechanical needs
Guide data center users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
Participate in project coordination meetings, and clearly communicate any necessary or recommended updates to project scheduling
Support and improve data center monitoring applications
Be a resource for deployment and operations teams representing data center concepts through to production deployments
Work with the data center manager to identify, analyze and resolve infrastructure critical issues
Work with facility managers to maintain and identify changes to electrical and mechanical systems at data centers focusing on availability, service delivery, and hosted facility customer relationship management
Interact with the Government regarding data center engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have an Associates degree and 2-3 Years experience performing duties outlined above
- Must have an active Security + CE or equivalent
- Must have an active Interim Secret Clearance to start work on the contract, and be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Must be an effective communicator, both orally and in writing, and be able to discuss server, storage and networking issues with users, administrators, consultants, architects and engineers to make recommendations and set forth design proposals based on current and future data center requirements.
- Knowledge and experience of providing Tier I / Break-fix Server & Network Support
- Experience with structured cabling infrastructure, network design and running of copper and fiber-optic cabling infrastructures.
- Understanding of fiber-optic and copper cabling technologies with the ability to integrate the components of new and existing network infrastructures.
- Experience in deployment and installation of switches, routers, servers and storage devices
Knowledge of power generation, medium / low voltage power distribution including facility/floor based and cabinet based PDU's, ATS's, and UPS's.
- Knowledge of DCIM (data center infrastructure management) tools in the design, operations and management of data center rooms.
- Diverse knowledge of HVAC dynamics including airflow measurement, floor tile placement and ASHRE cooling optimization methods.
- Experience to effectively plan project installations and forecast infrastructure growth, including: ordering supplies, maintaining inventory control, and documenting processes.
- Strong background in vendor management, managing installation teams and familiar with industry standards.
Ability to provide remote clear, accurate and timely communications within conference bridge environments with other program technical personnel, government overseers, and senior managers
- Strong personal computer & IT skill sets, including but not limited to MS Office, DCIM Tools, and engineering design Tools such as VISIO, AUTOCAD or others.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.