SAIC is seeking an experienced, motivated, career and customer-service oriented Help Desk Analyst to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC in Germantown, MD.
- The qualified applicant will provide Tier II help desk support to users unable to resolve tech issues that exceed Tier 1 level support.
- The candidate must provide creative solutions to customer problems to ensure customer satisfaction and productivity. Coordinate customer and support issues to ensure timely distribution of knowledge and productivity ensuring a positive impact on customer satisfaction. Acquire and maintain knowledge of relevant product offering, current support policies, and methods of support delivery, in order to provide technically accurate solutions to customers.
- Consults with users to determine if existing hardware/software meets specifications required to support functionality for system effectiveness given the existing network environment.
- Recommends and oversees the installation of required hardware/software upgrades necessary to restore or enhance user system functionality.
- Engages in testing and modification of user systems in support of eventual recommendation and implementation for hardware or software updates.
- As necessary, simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties
- Creates documentation in support of the maintenance of a document library of completed deliverables. These will be maintained to track performance metrics and log actions taken to address user/interoperability issues that impact client operations.
- Responsible for updating documentation across the team and utilizing operationally derived knowledge from actual cases resolved.
- Creates and maintains documentation specific to the analysis of user equipment configuration for the project; submits regular documentation covering required configurations and impact to network and user functionality due to lack thereof.
- Consults with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development in the restoration of services or to identify and correct core problems.
- Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Network or Systems Engineering, Computer Science/Computer Engineering and two (2) years' experience or equivalent experience
- Comprehensive knowledge in Information Technology service delivery
- A+ certification or higher
- Must be US Citizen and eligible to obtain a Public Trust
- HDI or ITIL certifications
- Active Public Trust
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.