SAIC is looking for a Windows Systems Administrator to perform high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations and servers for the US Navy’s Computer Network Defense team in North Charleston, SC.
- This position will be responsible for deploying Cyber Security mandated system upgrades, patches, and performing modifications to ensure Navy Computer Network Defense (CND) classified and unclassified systems are protected against known exploits.
- Testing of upgrades and patches to maintain Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2, and 2012 R2.
- Management tasking includes but is not limited to troubleshooting, metrics collection, maintenance support, and the timely entry of communication and tasking into the ticket management tool ITSM (Remedy).
- Performing auditing and log analysis of CND Systems.
Travel: Anticipated travel is up to 10%, both CONUS and OCONUS. Candidate must have or be able to obtain a US Passport.
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; or 9 years of related experience with a GED/HS degree.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience using Windows to include all activities such as active directory, installation, system integration, image development, patching, upgrades, complex problem resolution and other activities in large, complex environment.
- Experience with domain servers and managing a Windows network across multiple locations.
- Experience utilizing DISA STIGs to harden Windows and Linux systems to secure networks and security devices.
- Experience with Juniper, CISCO, and firewall appliances as well as firewall policies and operations.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment
- Must have one of the following security certifications: CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CASP+ CE, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, OR GCIH.
- Active Secret Clearance and have eligibility for Top Secret.
- Familiarity with Linux system administration.
- Foundational knowledge of computer science and cybersecurity.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Scripting (e.g., Power Shell, VB, Python, C#, bash) and Microsoft Structured Query Language (SQL) server working knowledge
- One of the following OS Certifications: Windows or Linux Variant, VMWare, MS SQL, Active Directory, HBSS, ACAS, SPLUNK, Server+, or similar.
- Experience working with DISA ACAS (Tenable Nessus) and HBSS.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.