SAIC is seeking a Logistics Specialist to perform material and warehouse management services for our Tactical Networks (TACNET) Technical and Production Support Program in Norfolk, VA.
Duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Support the Naval Information Warfare Center Atlantic (NIWC Atlantic) TACNET Deployment Integrated Product Team (IPT) in both sustainment and modernization of the United States Navy (USN) Command, Control, Communications, Computer, and Intelligence (C4I) systems.
- Manage material using Configuration Management Professional (CMPRO) and Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (N-ERP) tools from point of equipment origin to delivery to installation activity or shipyard
- Monitor, correct, and report material record discrepancies
- Reconcile receiving, shipping, and warehouse inventory reports
- Document, track, and report daily deliveries, shipments, and internal material movements
- Collaborate with material handlers and other warehouse/logistics staff to ensure timely, efficient packaging, handling, storage, and transportation (PHS&T) of material
- Coordinate and expedite the flow of material to and from various departments
- Mentor team members and assist Logistics Lead in daily coordination
- Audit inventory and material handling processes
- Analyze metrics relating to supply effectiveness
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Active DOD SECRET Clearance
- Five (5) years of experience, to include: supervisory or warehouse lead at a DoD facility; financial management; logistics support for projects involving electronic/ electrical repair and installation, ordering, acquisition, distribution of material, equipment and resources.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in customer service
- Strong initiative, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt in high-paced, dynamic work environment and manage shifting priorities
- Forward-thinking and solutions-focused mindset
- Experience with Microsoft applications: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Forklift Certification
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.