SAIC is currently looking to hire an Active Directory Administration Team Lead that will be responsible for leading a team that provides advanced administration and technical support for a complex, distributed environment for the RITS program.
*This is a100% remote/telework position*
- The Lead will be responsible for supporting mission-critical authentication, email, and collaboration services for approximately 40,000 users in a hybrid cloud environment in the DoD Microsoft 365 cloud. Additionally, the lead will oversee the continuity in the day-to-day operation of the on-premises Windows 2019 Active Directory multi-forest /multi-domain infrastructure (LDAP, Directory Replication, Group Policy, Organizational Units, DNS, PKI, etc.). The successful candidate will not only be responsible for providing technical leadership to their team, but is responsible for all projects and operational workload (incidents, maintenance, etc.), provides hands-on support for the technologies in their are of operations (AO) but also administrative tasks (timesheets, training, etc.) for their team.
- Responsible for the leading the daily administration of Microsoft 365 to include Exchange Online, Azure Active Directory, Teams, and license management/assignment.
- Manage a team of geographically diverse, remote staff ensuring effective communication and on-time delivery of service
- Serve as the Domain Administrator for the on-premises Microsoft Active Directory forests/domains.
- Support Windows Server 2012/2019 and Windows 10 in a multi-domain Active Directory environment.
- Effectively troubleshoot complex technical issues.
- Supervise the Installation, configuration, and optimization of IT systems.
- Ensure systems are maintained to ensure highest availability and dependability.
- Ensure all technologies are following DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), DoD and Agency policies and standards. Participate in audits as necessary.
- Perform root cause analysis of critical outage and incidents, engineer permanent solutions, and coordinate implementation. Complete After-Action Reports as needed.
- Oversee the administration, maintenance, and support of email security gateways.
- Ensure server systems are monitored to have the latest operating system patches, security updates. Validate STIGs settings are within operational standards. Schedules, applies, communicates, tests, troubleshoots, reports, and supports system patch and STIGs settings levels within the server infrastructure.
- Follow Change Management process for all changes to production systems, including documenting all changes made to systems.
- Maintain existing and, as required, develop new documentation that will include but is not limited to SOPs and System Architecture Guides and Diagrams adhering to organizational templates, policies, and standards.
- Perform implementation tasks, related to Microsoft 365 and other cloud applications, including: configuration, integration, and implementation.
- Schedule the team for a weekly 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours or modified schedule for planned or emergency work.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience administrating Active Directory and related systems; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
CLEARANCE: Interim Secret Security Clearance required to start with the ability to obtain a full Secret Cleance
CERTIFICATION: Security+ CE or higher
- Strong understanding of and background in working with a complex Active Directory, LDAP, and PKI infrastructure and the requirement of strictly following standards, procedures and processes.
- Previous management/leadership experience
- Previous experience working within Microsoft 365
- Experience leading a tier 3 team of technical professionals
- Advanced detailed knowledge in AD architecture and infrastructure (LDAP, Directory Replication, group policy, security, schema changes, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of DNS, DHCP, Kerberos and Windows Authentication.
- Availability to provide after-hours support, as needed, for a 24x7 operational environment.
- Experience with Cloud based applications such as Azure Active Directory, Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Teams
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.