SAIC is seeking a Cybersecurity Sys Admin / IA SME to support the US Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS) program out of Kaiserslautern, Germany.
AFAMS is the premier agency responsible for implementation, integration, and development of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) and training and analysis standards that support the US Air Force (USAF), Department of Defense (DoD), and mission partners requiring these capabilities to support the Warfighter in full-spectrum operations. As the lead agent for M&S within the USAF, AFAMS gathers requirements, seeks out potential solutions, and integrates legacy and emerging M&S solutions across the USAF and the DoD. The USAF has an M&S initiative that focuses on providing simulation and synthetic training as the critical capability to augment live training, act as an enabler for critical decision-making, and enhance human performance. In the current resource constrained environment, demand for M&S rises with the continuously evolving need for operational readiness and mission preparedness across the USAF, DoD, and with coalition partners. AFAMS focuses on providing innovative M&S services as the key to meeting this demand.
Cybersecurity System Administration IA SME will:
- Support the sustainment of the accredited cybersecurity posture of the WPC’s domain enclaves by actively tracking and maintaining each network’s cyber-vulnerability level and system compliance to applicable DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Requirements Guides (SRGs).
- Oversee the operation and maintenance for WPC’s Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) systems and scan/report production processes.
- Provide technical inputs for Cyber Vulnerability Management (CVM) and Risk Management Framework (RMF) Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) regarding remediation timelines or vulnerability mitigation.
- Assist in providing monthly (or after a major network reconfiguration) network scan reports for reporting/submission to the appropriate CVM repository.
- Troubleshoot and research problems with systems that do not provide a complete or fully credentialed scan result.
- Accomplish vulnerability remediation (e.g., patches & updates) as well as STIG/SRG configuration compliance actions on domain core services systems and workstations in coordination with and support of WPC Comm.
- Maintain lists of active hosts on the networks and corresponding basic inventory listings of software used to determine STIGs/SRGs that need to be applied.
- Assist in researching proposed configuration updates/changes and apply a “patch-and-test” approach as appropriate to determine if a particular configuration update/change will have a detrimental effect on WPC processes and mission to determine application in the operational environment.
- Accomplish STIG/SRG checklist updates and reporting quarterly (tracking both automated compliance scans and manual STIG checklists as applicable).
- Track/report compliance of configuration changes based on CYBERCOM-driven tasking orders or other DoD short-notice threat response notifications.
- Provide guidance of DoD and AF policies, instructions related to the A&A processes, AF Security, Interoperability, Supportability, Sustainability and Interoperability (SISSU) activities, DoD Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) web-based tool used to implement the DoD Information Assurance A&A Process, and DoD’s Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Provide security engineering to implement security controls and ensure these controls do not degrade performance and availability requirements needed to execute and sustain M&S/LVC exercises/events.
- Report security findings and issues associated with the RMF process to the appropriate Cybersecurity POCs.
- Provide M&S/LVC cybersecurity to include the following:
- Collaborate with Cybersecurity POCs to address A&A.
- Attend technical exchange meetings.
- Review system architecture for RMF as well as their respective A&A documentation.
- Document problem areas and provide recommendations for a resolution.
- Follow-up on issues and resolutions.
- Document recommendations for process improvements.
- Conduct facility visits to observe processes related to each IA control (technical, personnel, operational, or management in nature).
- Utilize tools such as Nessus scanners, DISA System Readiness Review (SRR).
- Validate IA control implementation in M&S/LVC.
- The contractor shall; base assessment primarily on the validation procedures of the RMF Knowledge Service and DISA STIGs.
- Participate in meetings with system Information Assurance Security Officers (IASOs), program managers, IA managers, and A&A authorities and their representatives, present overviews of issues and recommendations, and provide meeting reports that outline the discuss topics and note action items.
- Bachelor's and 9 years or more of experience; Masters and 7 yrs, PhD/JD and 4yrs or relevant years of experience in lieu of degree.
- DOD 8570.1 IAT Level II Certification
- Understanding of DoD policies and procedures, including FIPS 199, FIPS 200, NIST 800-53, DHS 4300A SSH and other applicable policies
- Comprehensive knowledge of Physical Security principles, methods, and techniques
- Experience with ACAS, HBSS or Tenable Nessus vulnerability scanners
- Active Secret Clearance
- Operating system certification (i.e., Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert and/or Red Hat Certified System Administrator)
- Microsoft Windows environment, UNIX, Linux, Hyper convergence technology, VMWare, VDI zero client architecture
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.