SAIC is seeking a Director, Proposal Development Center (PDC). This person will be a key member of the leadership team in our Sales Enablement organization. The Director, PDC will be responsible for leading the day to day operations of SAIC’s Proposal Center. He/she will ensure our Proposal Development Center, in conjunction with sales teams, delivers winning proposals and will work to elevate PDC capabilities to the next level. This role reports directly to the Vice President, Sales Enablement.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead the day to day operations of the PDC staff responsible for developing and producing proposals in support of SAIC’s business objectives
- Manage the people, processes, and tools to efficiently and effectively deliver compliant, responsive, high-scoring proposals
- Focus on the growth, development, and upskilling of PDC staff to evolve the Center and keep pace with emerging needs and demands
- Evolve standards, tools, templates and metrics to efficiently manage, develop, and run Center activities
- Collaborate with enterprise-wide leadership for required capacity and capability needs to build accurate demand forecasts in a dynamic environment
- Train and mentor PDC, BD, capture, and enterprise-wide staff on proposal processes and best practices, and develop additional training and education to meet evolving needs
- In conjunction with leadership, create and manage annual operating budget
- Ability to lead other value-added PDC initiatives and ad hoc projects
- Bachelor's degree or higher in relevant field of study
- 10+ years of experience and proven track record of success in leading a team supporting an enterprise of at least $3B annual revenue with at least $10B in annual proposal submittals supported by a team of at least 40 employees
- Demonstrated success supporting strategic, complex captures for government technology proposals ranging in size (up to multi-billion dollar values), scope (emerging concepts and technologies), and vehicles (e.g., schedules, OTAs, managed services).
- 10+ years of relevant experience working within federal, state and local and commercial domains
- 10+ years managing personnel and teams. Proven track record in mentoring and teaching proposal skills and applying best practices
- Proven ability to apply organizational design/development/change management methods to transform the organization and upskill the team
- Working knowledge of Federal business acquisition process and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) as it relates to industry standard proposal development processes (e.g., Shipley)
- Position is located in the Reston, VA area.
- Occasional travel required.
- Active Top Secret/SCI security clearance desirable. Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.